ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been in the car audio install business for a long time and have made a ton of custom boxes but when it comes to my own car I really have no ideas. Possibly 2 10"s maybe 1 12", flush in the side maybe Plexiglas with the subaru logo etched into it and back lit blue. Anyone got ideas? Pictures of your subs and trucks would be great to! Let me know. Thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I'm not a fan of too much bass, personally. Just enough to take the burden off the speakers is enough for me; I have a JL 10W3 in my car, with an enclosure built by a friend:

Since you're in the business, you'd be looking for a DIY solution...

I'm really a fan of the subtlety of the Audio Integrations box:
02-04 Subaru WRX/STI Sedan 12 Inch Perfect Fit Enclosure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True to much bass can be obnoxious, but with the right amp and setup and tuning you can make 2 10s sound amazing as long as you have good enough speakers to keep up with them. That JL looks good. I have always loved JL's I have T 10w3v2's under my back seat of my Ram

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
DONK3Y said:
True to much bass can be obnoxious, but with the right amp and setup and tuning you can make 2 10s sound amazing as long as you have good enough speakers to keep up with them. That JL looks good. I have always loved JL's I have T 10w3v2's under my back seat of my Ram
I feel a quality 10 with ample power is more than enough for the Subaru. I'm pushing 250-300W to my sub without the settings too high, and it packs enough punch to feel in the seat, but doesn't rattle the outside of the car. I have some more deadening to do, at which point I can turn the sub up a bit, which will be perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts