ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something thats a little different from everyone else out there...and sorry the car is so dirty, its been raining all week here.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yup right on. My uncle owns an older one and he doesnt really care about it, so i said "hey im prying that awd emblem off your bumper", and he said "gimme a dollar" lol still cheaper than getting one from the subaru dealer so i said ok. Then painted her white and stuck it on.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
how do you get the residue from the emblems off... i've tryed goo gone, that 3m adhesive remover... the adhesive us pretty much gone but the outline of where it was is still there...

·
Registered
122 Posts
EvilCerealBoX said:
how do you get the residue from the emblems off... i've tryed goo gone, that 3m adhesive remover... the adhesive us pretty much gone but the outline of where it was is still there...
I'm assuming you mean getting the residue off the car itself. Since I don't like rubbing any chemicals into my paint, I just rubbed for a while with my fingers to get most of it off. Once it was pretty much off, I used 3M Fine rubbing compoung (which is just so slightly abrasive) to remove any traces of it. Then their Imperial Hand Glaze to get it back to a shine and finished off with Meguiar's NXT.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i grabbed a ton of old suby emblems last week at the junkyard to play around with teh idea or rebadging with OG suby stuff. those old stars were WAY cooler. cant find the pic of them at the moment though

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's off a 96 Saab 900 SE. It didn't match as well as I thought it would. There are shinier ones for the newer years that match better. Or debadge the rest so it doesn't contrast as much.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
no its more like... faded paint from what it looks like... yea know? the paint around the letters is lighter, or atleast i think thats what it is looks like... i'll take a picture of it tomorrow

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Blitz emblem on my trunk lid...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts