ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i ask alot of questions, its just b/c i like learning how to install things on my rex, i was wondering how hard it is to install a cusco rear swaybar and perrin endlinks?? How do you adjust the swaybar between 22mm and 24mm?? Thanks for any help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
It's not very hard at all to install a rear swaybar. To adjust between 20-22-24mm, simply attach the endlink to one of the 3 holes on the bar's ends. The adjustment hole furthest from the bar is 20mm, the middle is 22mm and the closest is 24mm (stiffest setting). Hope this helps.

-Soren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Make sure you use ramps or some other method of raiseing the car while the suspension is loaded. That is, don't use jack stands.

PS: I just installed mine last night on the 22mm setting. It feels really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
chudlo said:
Make sure you use ramps or some other method of raiseing the car while the suspension is loaded. That is, don't use jack stands.

PS: I just installed mine last night on the 22mm setting. It feels really good.
Actually, I installed my Cusco without raising the car at all. Once you squeeze under the rear valence, there's quite a bit of room to work. There is no preload or anything on the swaybar at the stock ride height, and probably not if you lower it, either. The only time that bar should have torsion forces on it are when the car is unequally loaded, right?

Use a torque wrench, though. You don't want to mess around with stuff like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
dielectric said:
Actually, I installed my Cusco without raising the car at all. Once you squeeze under the rear valence, there's quite a bit of room to work.
The ramps were just a suggestion for comfort and ease of installation. I am 6' tall, have wide shoulders, and my car is lowered just over an inch.
So, it would have been pretty hard for me to do without some elevation is all. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,023 Posts
coolblue04 said:
So am I correct in stating that the rear tires should be on the ground (or ramps) and not in the air during the install?
This what I have heard from everyone.

I did the install of those same parts in about 15 minutes. No tricks involved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
coolblue04 said:
So am I correct in stating that the rear tires should be on the ground (or ramps) and not in the air during the install?
Yes they should be on the ground or on ramps supporting the weight of the car.

If you lift the rear tires and try to do the install the rear suspension will be hanging down with no load. This changes the distance and location of the sway bar mounts. You would probably have trouble trying to even get the old bar and endlinks off like that.

Like dielectric I did mine with the car on the ground no ramps. Once you get past the rear bumper there's tons o room to work under there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
tarbaj said:
Yes they should be on the ground or on ramps supporting the weight of the car.

If you lift the rear tires and try to do the install the rear suspension will be hanging down with no load. This changes the distance and location of the sway bar mounts. You would probably have trouble trying to even get the old bar and endlinks off like that.

Like dielectric I did mine with the car on the ground no ramps. Once you get past the rear bumper there's tons o room to work under there!

I did my install with the rear end propped up on jack stands. When I did it no one advised me against it. Did I do anything to my car or am I not handling as well as I should be. The install went fine and the car feels great. Why does the rear end have to be on the ground? Im worried now alhough its been 6 months since Ive done it and no problem have surfaced.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top