ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered this setup from Aaron at JSCspeed and it is amazing! It got to my house in about a week because it had to be specially imported from Japan (Cusco is strictly a Japanese company) and into their California warehouse. Anyways...I got it and the quality on this peice is amazing. It is a brilliant blue color (wont be for long...tehehe) and seems VERY sturdy.

It came with most of the necessary hardware (a couple of nuts and bolts missing, but no big whoop...just for the diffuser mount) and was a relatively straightforward install, despite the instructions that are in Japanese... You take off the rear sway bar mount that attaches to the chassis and install this peice underneath it. That is the short version of how it works. I found it to be a PITA to work around the passenger side wheel well and fender because of all of the vacpac thing hardware.

I did, however have to trim this diffuser quite a bit, as I knew I would have, because I have an aftermarket, angled tip exhaust... That was a bit discouraging because it took many trial installs to find out where to dremel off bits of this pretty plastic diffuser.

IMPRESSIONS: Very nice! I dont know for sure if it is just the placebo effect, but it seems that the diffuser (when i get up to speeds over 40mph) definitely stabilizes the car. Before this mod, my crappy tires would make the car pull to the right and after reaching 40mph+, it does it significantly less. The bar itself is pretty damn stiff as well. I can honestly say that I feel the rear end hook up much better while cornering, and it hunkers better in the rear.

I cant wait to get my Whiteline 24mm adj front and rear sways in so that this puppy can be a handling fiend!

CN: Good Buy, definitely reccommend!

NINJA EDIT: Pics to come later...like now!

^^My car is dirty...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm saving up for this.
I really like the idea and the diffuser.
What kind of exhaust are you running?
I wonder if it would conflict with my Invidia N1

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, as soon as I get a chance to take them, I am going to get those shots of the bar and the diffuser. Unfortunately, it is supposed to snow 7 or so inches tonight, so there is no way im going to be laying under my car to take pics of the bar....the diffuser isnt really THAT noticeable either...

oh well...it is subtle, that is what I wanted.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm saving up for this.
I really like the idea and the diffuser.
What kind of exhaust are you running?
I wonder if it would conflict with my Invidia N1
I have the megan racing catback. It wouldnt conflict with it, but you will probably have to trim it up a little bit. It isnt that bad, and there are 4 solid bolts that attach it to your car, so it is pretty stable if you just trim on the one side....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for pics in the original post!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...crap...last post before I am banned for this darn superbowl bet...
Eli can suck my bawls

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it from JSCspeed for $220 shipped

1 - 10 of 10 Posts