Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I called Curry's and asked for Matt. Chris Coulter answered the phone and offered to discuss the problems I've been having with my car. The conversation was very cordial and positive. I'm going to make arrangements to take my car to Curry's very soon. Chris told me they will do everything necessary to diagnose the problems I'm having. Props to Chris.

X

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I guess I'll need a car for a few days because I'm going to have to leave it there.

X

·
1,379 Posts
Indeed, props to Chris. Please keep us posted, I think we're all eager to hear the outcome of this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MisterX said:
This morning I called Curry's and asked for Matt. Chris Coulter answered the phone and offered to discuss the problems I've been having with my car. The conversation was very cordial and positive. I'm going to make arrangements to take my car to Curry's very soon. Chris told me they will do everything necessary to diagnose the problems I'm having. Props to Chris.

X
I tried to PM you twice but it got denied. I’ll be out of my office on appointments most of today and tomorrow, but can meet with you (as per your request) Wednesday at 10 am. Please call my secretary, Melissa, to confirm at 571-522-1007. As I said earlier I don’t think much will come of it. Because of the libelous thread you started and the false statements that were made, I’m not feeling very charitable. The next time you have a situation like this you may want to consider handling it in a more mature manner. You and your cyber friends can’t expect to slander someone (or some company) on a public forum and then expect to have a positive outcome on your behalf. The funny thing about this whole thing is that there was never any evidence presented that your car has any engine damage. You told Chris this morning that you had a lean run code and that since the car got hot on the dyno so you needed an engine. Lean run codes are a common occurrence on cars today whether it is a Caravan, BMW, whatever. If your oxygen sensor goes bad it can give a lean run code, just because your oxygen sensor goes bad, it doesn’t mean you need an engine. First of all, the car never overheated and it is normal for cars to get a little hot when they are on the dyno. Secondly, the car runs fine as far as I know, and my guys have driven it. Third, there’s no engine noise. Fourth, the car was checked out by us, then driven back to the Richmond area and checked by the dealer and as evidenced by the invoice you scanned into the forum they found everything to be “NORMAL”. Fifth, by your admission the car has over 1000 miles on it since we tuned it and you’ve been driving it.

So there was a whole Internet witch-hunt with NO EVIDENCE that there was any engine damage.

Bottom line is I'm sorry Mister X if your car has a problem, neither us nor the dealer that you brought the car to could find one. I would have very much liked to work with you to resolve this matter in a mature, dignified manner. Your postings make it very hard for me to want to do that. You never even tried to contact me personally by phone or email, and I'm always available. I contend that next time you have a problem with a business the best thing to do is to try to work it out with them as opposed to assassinate their character on a public internet forum.

We always strive to do our best, like everyone else we are not perfect, never said we were. We are a reputable business that goes out of our way to satisfy our customers. We will continue to do that. We know and understand that we are here because of our customers. We have satisfied many enthusiasts from all over the country and we will continue to strive to be the best in our industry.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

·
1,379 Posts
Pardon, Matt, but may I suggest you remove yourself from this situation and allow your partner to handle it?

I don't know you, but M Power insists that you're normally a nice, level headed guy. I don't doubt that is true, given the success of your business. I'm unsure what has gotten you so worked up here; neither MisterX nor anyone else has resorted to name calling typical of a "internet witch hunt" as you call it, but rather merely stating their observations regarding this situation. For some reason - perhaps you're stressed over something else? - you are taking this far too personally, and are still communicating with the community in a way I'm sure most here would agree is not in the best interests of your shop.

It sounds like Chris is currently emotionally uninvolved enough to work with MisterX in a matter that is most likely to end up MisterX having a healthy car and your shop retaining its healthy reputation.

Please recognize that you may be just a little too upset to handle this in the best and most professional way, and hand it off to Chris. I think you'll be happier in the long run with the results.

Thanks for your consideration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I diasgree with you, my post is reasonable. I am merely stating my observations. Are you upset b/c your one of the people I'm referring too?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haven't posted in months, but this one drove me to it. Hey, we all love cars. And we all take risks when modyfying. And tempers can get real sharp with our beloved objects.

Matt Curry has been in business for quite a while and is locally known as a reasonable man (who loves cars). (FYI- I can bust a CEL on any cold morning when I sneeze hard). Car lovers like us help keep Mr. Curry in business.

It shouid be a symbiosis. I can understand his frustration and anger about libelous statements. I also understand the naturally protective response when a loved one (READ CAR) is percieved as damaged or hurt. He's right down the street. Humble yourselves and go meet and fix this.

·
1,379 Posts
Matt Curry said:
I diasgree with you, my post is reasonable. I am merely stating my observations. Are you upset b/c your one of the people I'm referring too?
One of what people you're referring to? Potential customers? I can tell you that your unreasonably sharp words and now sarcasm are affecting my opinion of your shop more than anything MisterX has said.

Moreover, I'm not upset at all. My only interest in this is as a potential customer and as a friend of many here, MisterX included.

Again, please allow a calmer person to handle this. I really don't think you're thinking straight anymore. I'm honestly not trying to slam you or belittle you, I'm just trying to give you advice, one enthusiast to another.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm very calm thanks

Quote-autoxjunkie
"Again, please allow a calmer person to handle this. I really don't think you're thinking straight anymore. I'm honestly not trying to slam you or belittle you, I'm just trying to give you advice, one enthusiast to another. "

Thanks for the advice I'm fine and have meant every word that I've said. I am thinking perfectly straight. There was never any evidence presented that there is engine damage, it was "lets just jump on the bandwagon" and start slamming.

BTW, I've personally talked to Mister X and have worked things out with him, he'll post tonight after work. So this is a dead subject, you'll now have to look for someone else to start bashing.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just spoke with Matt a bit ago. Let's let this rest until this evening when I have time to explain.

X

·
Registered
17 Posts
My only interest in this is as a potential customer

Quote-autoxjunkie
"My only interest in this is as a potential customer"

Your going to come all the way from Greenville SC to let us work on your car? Thats great! We do have many customers from all over.

I was only stating the obvious, there was no evidence presented that Mister X has any engine damage. It was just "let's jump on the bashing bandwagon".

BTW, I have talked personally with Mister X and we have worked things out. So you'll have look for someone else to start bashing.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I spoke with Matt Curry this afternoon and while the early part of the conversation probably could not quite be called cordial, it wasn't all bad, and the end of our exchange was quite nice. In all, it was a much better conversation than I had expected.

In short, I want to apologise to Matt and the entire Curry organization for having started the thread. Simply put, it didn't need to be done. I believe Matt is a stand up guy, and while we still have some differences of opinion, they are not as significant as I thought they were when I started the original thread. I think had I called Matt instead of posting, he would have listened. It's clear he's a car enthusiast and cares about his customers and the reputatin of his business.

The unfortunate timing of the departure of Mark from the Curry organization, with whom I had been dealing with in regard to this matter, was a powerful catalyst in my feeling of having been abandoned by Curry's. It is clear now that Curry's has not abandoned me.
Matt has committed to properly diagnosing and correcting my engine problems and I'm certain he will give it his personal attention. Matt is under the impression I wanted a new engine. I simply want to know MY engine is in good working order. I'm sure Matt will see to that. Ad I'm looking forward to driving a fast, reliable car. I'll be sure to tell everyone how happy I am with my WRX.

X

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's Amazing.. a few bad apples

It amazes me that the people who helped fan the flames haven't posted anything in the last 24 hrs. You guys have done nothing to help your position as "friends of the board". It's sort of sad that you get some goof balls that give a bad name to rest of you guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BTW, sorry for expressing my honest opinions, "autoxjunkie" evidently, judging by his misguided responses, doesn't appreciate that. I swear, I'm calm! LOL! Mister X and I will hopefully work things out, if we don't, then at least we tried. I accept his apology and look forward to making sure that we can continue to offer the best automotive repair experince in the industry.

·
1,379 Posts
Re: My only interest in this is as a potential customer

I'm glad to hear you're going to do the right thing with MisterX. I still suggest you let others handle your public relations. I think any objective person would agree that you are coming off as rude, aggressive, and sarcastic in the majority of your posts. Still, results are what matter, and I think we're all pleased to see that you're going to repair MisterX's car. Kudos.

AXJ

·
Registered
932 Posts
Re: It's Amazing.. a few bad apples

Matt Curry said:
It amazes me that the people who helped fan the flames haven't posted anything in the last 24 hrs. You guys have done nothing to help your position as "friends of the board". It's sort of sad that you get some goof balls that give a bad name to rest of you guys.
Notwithstanding your flames and name calling, kudos to getting this resolved.

As for not posting, things seemed to be heading in the right direction, and I DO have to pay for my own WRX by working occasionally.

Anyway, best of luck to all involved.

Regards,

--"The Idiot in New York"

·
Registered
17 Posts
quote- autoxjunkie
"may I suggest you remove yourself from this situation"

STOP HANGING YOURSELF AUTOXJUNKIE!

I must suggest the same thing to you. You are obviously emotionally charged. Relax. It will all be o.k., I promise. Unfortunatly, I can't back away, even I wanted to. I own the business, I care. And I have a vested interest, unlike you , whose livlihood doesn't depend on the auto repair industry.

"Props for doing the right thing with MisterX, though. I just wish you hadn't managed to step on everyone else's toes in the process."

Don't thank me yet. As Mister X said to me today AND I QUOTE

"I don't even know if there is anything wrong with my car"

we will hopefully work things out, there is NO guarantee, he's not even sure if he has a problem with his car

·
Registered
17 Posts
bedabi quote--since when did he become silent?? Did he start workinng recently?

"As for not posting, things seemed to be heading in the right direction, and I DO have to pay for my own WRX by working occasionally"

He evidently didn't have to make payments in the last 3 weeks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts