ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to find that WRXs are well-known for having terrible cup holders. My 04 has the small one in the center console that gets in the way of my shifting, and that flimsy piece of crap up above the radio. Has anyone purchased or made a functional cup holder? I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I'm having trouble finding something that works. If you have a solution, let's see it!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
On the rare occasions I have coffee with me in the car, I use the upper holder. Its never been a problem for me. Of course, it's only used to hold a sealed coffee mug until I get to work. I don't drink in the car. Is there a particular type of cup or drink you want to carry?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I turned my cup holder into a gauge holder, lol. I thought it was pretty ingenious.. but doesn't really help your situation.

·
Æternum
20,594 Posts
I fill my cupholders with boogers.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I had something like this on my Firebird. They had a really bad design Your elbow was in the cup holder spot when you shift.

I ended up screwing it to the door card. I dont know how the 04 is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the rare occasions I have coffee with me in the car, I use thenot upper holder. Its never been a problem for me. Of course, it's only used to hold a sealed coffee mug until I get to work. I don't drink in the car. Is there a particular type of cup or drink you want to carry?[/QUOTE

Not really. I just want something a little bigger and more out of the way than the one in the center console.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had something like this on my Firebird. They had a really bad design Your elbow was in the cup holder spot when you shift.

I ended up screwing it to the door card. I dont know how the 04 is.
Exactly. When I drive with something in the cup holder, I'm either missing shifts or spilling the drink everywhere.

That might work, but I don't really want to drill any holes.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I only had 4 holes on the side and It was also black with a carbon fiber cover so it didnt really stand out.
You could mount it on the passengers side of the center console. They have a small footprint about the same if not smaller then a 120mm pc case fan
If you decide to go that make sure to get the one that is similar to that with a slide adjust not the new ones that open like a claw looks similar

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I'd love to see that. Have any pics of it?

When my wideband O2 arrived my a-pillar was already full, and my ECA was already mounted in the clock pod, so there was really only one place to put it. I was also thinking that I wouldn't need it all the time, so it would be easily removable (I can just unplug it from the back and toss it in the glove compartment if I want) but I have just ended up leaving it where it is, unless someone is riding with me and complains about not having a cup holder.

..all together I think it cost me less than $6 to mount it, and honestly, it doesn't look that bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only had 4 holes on the side and It was also black with a carbon fiber cover so it didnt really stand out.
You could mount it on the passengers side of the center console. They have a small footprint about the same if not smaller then a 120mm pc case fan
If you decide to go that make sure to get the one that is similar to that with a slide adjust not the new ones that open like a claw looks similar
Where do I find something like that? Do you know what brand it is?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's pretty nifty, MainFrame. I never thought of the cup holder as a potential gauge location. Great picture quality by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I looked online for adjustable folding cup holder. I saw that bass pro shop has it on their site and If I recall there is a bass pro shop across from Grapvine Mills and next to Waddaburger

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
My parents moved to Trophy Club back in 04 I go down to visit about twice a year. Being from Jersey I can only be away from Malls for only so long so i need to know some in the area.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OP, I thank you for putting this up. I always choose something I can put in the door's holder. Basically only things with a cap. But sub'd to see if there are any cool ideas.

I use my cup holders exclusively for beer & other alcoholic beverages.
I think this may be more fun than filling it with boogers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts