ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a couple shots of this Showroom Stock Mazda 3 that rolled at SCR on Saturday. Had roll cage and temp tags. Ran last month down at PPIR for the first time. The driver got two wheels off at Kamikazee over corrected onto the track, overcorrected to save and ended up on the roof as told to me by corner workers who were right there. Check out the sign on the hatch back. BTW it was a girl driving.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here was the best save of the day, no not the car, me running! The Trans Am car was leading and lapping the Camaro when he got punted. Kept it on the track and still won the race.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
That's a shame I really like those new mazda 3 hatchbacks. The text on the hatch is great, the fact that the driver had no balls kind of ruins it though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
too bad,

that car was there Friday when i took a few laps, girl driving then too! awfull way to go out w/ a new ride.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That's the problem with racing stock cars. Sticky tires+stock ride height+body roll=that, well and a lot of fun :D

Very nice pics though, as everyone has already stated.

Mmmmmm, second creek. Need to head out there.

-Ryan

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the new Mazda's and the 3 especially. I owned a 323 many years ago. It was a great car. I also managed to roll that one.:(

I am guessing the head mechanic (husband, boyfriend) put the back decal on.

Thanks, Kellie and everyone else. Skill plus opportunity equals luck. The shot is a little soft but works for the moment.

This Trans Am car ran at the last two Denver GP's. I believe last year it was a DNS because I never saw it in the race. Based in Colorado Springs. Trans Am cars have the best sound. IMHO

"That's the problem with racing stock cars. Sticky tires+stock ride height+body roll=that"

Yep.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts