ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i tried to search for it but couldnt find anything so ill make a new thread.

anyways, what are the cruising speeds of each gear? and what are the speeds at redline in each gear? i ask this because i recently drove to cal in my prelude (5 gears) and while cruising in 5th it seemed like i was revving extremely high (like 4.5k rpms the whole time...sometimes more if i was speeding a lot ;) ) but i think that translates into poor gas milage...even for a 4 banger honda.

so what are the rpm's at on a wrx (5 speed, no sti 6 speed tranny.) cruising around 70 or 80?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
apx speeds at redline in each gear:
1: 38
2: 67
3: 96
4: 134
5: 177

4th and 5th are much to long for great acceleration /w out serious power.. but are good fuel economy gears.

75mph in 5th is about 2900 rpm...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
177 mph in a stock wrx?! damn thats fast. have any of you taken it that far? and 75 mph and that rpm rate is awsome compared to my prelude...

now if you guys could get subby to beef up the damned tranny so i wasnt so worried if i buy one ill get stuck with a busted tranny.haha

·
Registered
907 Posts
you cant get that high in a stock WRX. the Drag Co limits the Rex to i beleive 145-150..something like that. Now if you were to start to put some major ponies down, you could go faster.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
a stock WRX is generally regarded as drag limited to 142-144 depending on the source... a stage 4 given enough road might be able to see 170 hard to say.. I've never pushed past 140

1 - 5 of 5 Posts