ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise control in my 2004 suddenly stopped working the other day. The cruise light comes on still, but when I click to set it, it doesn't work. I've tried pulling the brake pedal out in case it stuck, but it still doesn't work. My question is, is this something I could fix or how much do you think a dealer or shop would charge to get it fixed? Any info would be helpful really.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a switch that is activated by the clutch pedal, you should see it about 2/3 of the way up the pedal. There will be a hole that is supposed to have a rubber bumper in it, if you see just an empty hole about 3/8" of an inch, that means the bumper fell out and the switch will not close. This makes the cruise control system think that the clutch pedal is engaged (Pressed in) and will not activate cruise control. What I did was get a screw with a very flat head that was the diameter of the hole, and put a nut on the back to hold it in place.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,209 Posts
Same here; I used a plastic grommet from a home supply store. No problems since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I checked the rubber bumper out, it's still in place where it's supposed to be. Perhaps the problem is more internal?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,209 Posts
If you do not see a white piece of plastic on the pedal but do see a hole, that's the problem.

If you have a CEL, that's the problem.

Otherwise it gets complicated. Either of those two going on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything on or around the pedal is where it's supposed to be. There's no hole anywhere. I have a CEL on, but the code says small leak/loose gas cap, unless more codes have been added by now. I wouldn't think the cruise control would set off a code, but maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cruise control has always worked when the CEL is on. It was on for a year before the car became mine, and it's been on and off for a while now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I read the codes again, this time it was a camshaft sensor code. I'll be replacing the sensor soon. Would that affect the cruise control?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts