ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, who's got specs on these? Real specs?

I buddy of mine who's a cop challenged me to a race... My STi verses his 2004 Crownie with the Police Interceptor package. He won't let me see anything on his car, saying it's his secret weapon.

Just fyi... we're not gonna street race or anything retarded.. He wants to go to capital or mir. I dunno. What do you guys think? Does anyone know anything about these cars? I've heard a lot of conflicting stuff from a bunch of different people.

As far as I can find, the 2004 interceptor is a 4.6L pushrod v8 making a measely 220 something hp and 240 soemthing torque.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, he and I go way back and we served in the Marines together. We've always had car rivalry and now he think's he's got something cool, even though it's not his.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Challenge him to race that has lots of turns. Those things handle like an elephant's A$$

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hopefully I can shed some light for you. I own an '04 STI and drive a police package Clown Victoria eceryday for my job. Your STI will smoke his Vic without a problem. Police paclage means nothing anymore besides a better alternator and oil cooler. In the old days our police package vehicles had better engines and transmissions, but not anymore. If you race him, make sure you put some money on it. Even if you blow a shift, you can't lose. His car weighs over 4000 lbs and has only 220 HP at the crank!

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
PistolPreeth said:
i outran one of those, except i was in my porsche :wiggles:
:rotfl:

You and the rest of your 6speedonline.com entorogue (how the hell do you spell that word?!?)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Trailboss said:
:rotfl:

You and the rest of your 6speedonline.com entorogue (how the hell do you spell that word?!?)
Don't ask me, I barely speak english :(

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I havent went to my training yet so I havent put one of those thorugh it's paces on a track, but I've been on many ride alongs and the thing feels like a dog. The car could maybe hit a low 15, they arent traction limtided at all they just spin maybe a 1/16th of a second and take of.

With the KDT's and other radio stuff I couldnt imagine them being any threat to a mid 13 second car. Another thing you have to take into consideration is how much abuse those cars see. I've seen many of cop cars run for a good 15 hours without a break. Not to mention how many times a day those cars see WOT.

On a side note what dept. does your friend work for? Is he Baltimore county?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
**entourage**

en·tou·rage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nt-räzh)
n.
A group of attendants or associates; a retinue.
One's environment or surroundings.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
yeah they are super rare though...the other day i saw a cop that was around my age..early 20s driving one with some nice oakleys on with one hand on the wheel and u could tell he was having the time of his Fing life.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,100 Posts
aaronwillen said:
yeah they are super rare though...the other day i saw a cop that was around my age..early 20s driving one with some nice oakleys on with one hand on the wheel and u could tell he was having the time of his Fing life.
Ha ha,a young deputy dawg. :tongue:

·
Registered
438 Posts
There is A cop bY ME who runs one. He has the 300HP package, which is probably the one he has. They also weigh over 4000 Pounds and have no topend, just low end torque and mid range.

It ran a 15 @ 95 MPH, you shoudl eat him.

Cops are ****in slow, I can begin to dip on them, like If I blow by one, and he has to turn around, Juts punch it and tak ethe next exit and get into a restaurant or soemthing, they are that slow.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Evilevo8 said:
There is A cop bY ME who runs one. He has the 300HP package, which is probably the one he has. They also weigh over 4000 Pounds and have no topend, just low end torque and mid range.

It ran a 15 @ 95 MPH, you shoudl eat him.

Cops are ****in slow, I can begin to dip on them, like If I blow by one, and he has to turn around, Juts punch it and tak ethe next exit and get into a restaurant or soemthing, they are that slow.
i do that all the time.... by the time they slow down, turn around, and accelerate to catvh you, you are SOOO gone...

anyways... they were considering using the merc. marauder for a while due to its speed capabilities over the current crown vics. the merc maruader was supposed to be the fastest yet, and that thing only runs a high 14 on its BEST day. and even the 300hp ones are low 15sec cars at best. you have NOTHING to worry about unless he has an ass load of mods, which is very unlikely.

you could run hand in hand with an LS1, and do you think they make police intercepter crown vics faster than the ls1 cop car??

NO WAY!... you will kill him :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 38 Posts