ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday, after a month of having the car, he finally asks to drive it, of course i say yes, he gets in and after taking a 45 minute drive, begins looking online at evo's and STi's for himself just because he loved the way the AWD and the way the car feels. then he asks me, he has a 2009 corvette sport, he asks what car is quicker? i told him, straight line, vette would **** on the sti, i dont know much about racing or the vette but i said that around a track the sti would win. so waht do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
A word of advise.

To endear yourself to the other members it would be great if you didn't start every thread with "so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday" :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
Unless there's black ice on the tarmac my money would be on the Chevrolet.

Tell your dad to sell the STi, buy a Honda Civic for daily driving (or a Honda Jazz, brilliant use of space, sporty, fun, and over 36 mpg with a motor that's still tight from needing break in, very impressive), and buy himself a Corvetter for summer.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
A word of advise.

To endear yourself to the other members it would be great if you didn't start every thread with "so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday" :)
^this +forever...

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
The Corvette would slap the STi silly around anything with Tarmac. It was designed as a sports car, not an economy car with a trick differential and a turbocharger. The same can't be said about the Subaru.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The newer generation of Corvettes are VERY quick around a track.. the STi would fair better in a straight line (and get **** on as you said). That's assuming the driver of the Corvette has experience on the track. The STi would probably be easier to drive through the corners for a novice, but that's about it.

Now if you put about $12,000 in suspension upgrades on the STi, and did some weight reduction, it would hold its own through the corners..

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Wait, did your dad buy you an STI for your 17th birthday?

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
My dad took me to the bank when I was 17...so I could withdrawal 800 dollars from my bank account that I made while working at toys r us so I could go buy an 87 Ford Temp. It was a sweet 2 door tempo....yeah....the OP is lucky I still don't have that tempo...I would take it to the track and show him whats up.

·
29,233 Posts
lets not get started. Im already pissed at all these posts of kids getting STI's handed to them lol
It doesn't hurt to just ask. See the last line in my signature. That line has been there a while. See what I mean?

·
Registered
719 Posts
It doesn't hurt to just ask. See the last line in my signature. That line has been there a while. See what I mean?
ill adopt you. And I will buy you a car. For a price.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Clamf!

I've gotten past it. I'm sorta glad I wasn't handed things like that.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Is a "crovette" some sort of black on black "Edgar Allen Poe" limited edition Corvette?

I begged my parents to pay half of a old Jetta for a first car. They even took me to a few dealers for some test drives... then said no. I rode my bike, bummed rides off friends, and occasionally drove the family minivan until I was 21.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u turned 17, not my problem, blame your parents, not mine. and my dad has an escalade for a DD, the vette for summer and a jeep rubicon for winter

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u turned 17, not my problem, blame your parents, not mine. and my dad has an escalade for a DD, the vette for summer and a jeep rubicon for winter
Oh god. You really need to get over yourself or you will not make many friends in life.

Just in case you're wondering: Friends > money

Reactions: Drews

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have many friends, not friends who pick on me for being happy about getting my dream car as a present

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
And now you just lost all respect. Congrats on your money but no one likes a snobby rich kid. Be humble about it and you will go further in life. My suggestion would be to not continue on with that attitude though.

·
29,233 Posts
ill adopt you. And I will buy you a car. For a price.
Aha! OK, I will make a note of that, there is no sense in me not keeping my options open.

If your father already has a Corvette, then this thread really doesn't have any meaning. He can figure out for himself which car is the fastest on a track. Post back with the results I suppose.

i have many friends, not friends who pick on me for being happy about getting my dream car as a present
Have one of your friends video a hot lap in each car, that would actually be interesting.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
then dont talk **** to people who mean absolutely no harm and where just trying to start a harmless conversation

1 - 20 of 234 Posts