ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, anyone who has enough time to drive across this country should DEFINETELY do it. It was incredible, and 31 days and 8,500 miles later, the subie is going real strong. I think it's the ultimate roadtrip car, we averaged about 27 miles to the gallon, real comfortable, and balls when you need it. Anyway, I took some pics of the subie along the way, enjoy.

·
Registered
647 Posts
thats awesome dude, after i graduate HS next year, i plan on trying to take a trip across the country. I think it would be awesome.

Where did u start and where did u end up?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
thats reall cool.

What u do? sleeping bags or rent a room? Was it was some buddies or like a carvan thing.

And for oil? Did u just get it at a garage somehwerE?

Seems like you know what ur car can and cant handle now:wiggles:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dont think I could do this with my WRX. The paint is too easy to chip and window too easy to crack. Yeah im one of those. I would love to do this in a rental though. Great pics!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with a college buddy I hadn't seen in a year, and we started in Conn. and ended in San Diego. Pretty much edge to edge. As far as oil goes, I put in fresh mobil 1 right before I left, and changed it in San Diego, and I need to change it again asap. Besides the cost of gas, a trip like this doesn't have to cost a lot. For example, we paid 15 bucks each for lodging for the entire ride out to San Diego! (knowing a few friends along the way and being willing to drive 16 hour days helps here).

We took the southern route there, stopping in Alabama (before you say anything about bama go to Tuscaloosa, hands down the hottest, sweetest girls we saw), New Orleans (alcoholism), San Antonio and Austin (great town) texas, Tuscon Arizona and San Diego. It took 8 days to get there with two 3 day stops.

Getting home we only needed 5 days, stopping in Vegas (outstanding), driving through Zion national park (that's where those pictures are from), Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa (no hating to anyone who lives there, but super boring), Chicago (real nice city) and home to Conn and Long Island. We stayed in cheap ass motels and with my X-girl in Chicago.

HOWEVER, the best driving by far was when I drove from LA to Big Sur up the Pacific coastal road rt. 1. Incredible scenery (montains on one side, cliffs and ocean to the other), and lots of 20 mph switchbacks. I was holding 2nd gear for a few miles, awesome driving.

It's hard to describe why it was so great, but it just was. And I couldn't think of a better car to do it in!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could have used my 225/40/18 PZEROs for the twisties, couldn't justify all the miles when I had the stockers.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
very awesome!! i would love to do something like that, but would die of bordem from going through so much cornfield and such in Iowa and the rest of the mid-west. I am from chicago, so i am glad you liked it... Its one hell of a city with so much to see....

I have always wanted to start in the southwest (arizona) and head up the west coast... (from san diego all the way upto seattle)
maybe one day i will get to do it..

glad you enjoyed the experience.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
236 Posts
i know what you could have done it better in....

a wrx wagon....:)

for those who have not been on road trips, here is my one and only suggestion.

do not use wheels over 18s, if you busted the wheel, you are f-ed!!! this happened to my friend's 2k2 maxima with 18s. one of his wheel was damaged because his kumho decided to explode. we were 100 miles from home and 150 miles from destination in the middle of new hampshire. luckily after a couple hours of searching through a few small towns, we found this garage that hammered his wheel to good enough condition where it didnt leak air and they also had this no-name tire sitting in the back that was close enuf to his size ($200 for this stupid tire). and they only had one!

so if u are planning to drive far, do yourself a favor and use common tire sizes. just a nice little precaution.

i m planning on a few road trips, probably not quite as far. but i m gonna be using my stockers for every single one of them. i gotta run out those re92s anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts