Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the cheapest OBD II reader I could find. I simply want to be able to pull my codes and clear them successfully. Does anyone have the "Creader" OBD II code scanner? I dont want to buy this thing if I doesnt do what I need. The orange looking OBD II scanner goes for well over $100 and I dont really want to spend this much if I dont have to.

Any input would be appreciated:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heres a pic of the thing. Looks kinda crappy. If it pulls and clears codes like the description says I will buy it unless someone has an neg. opinion.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
JRod,

I dont know if that one will work with Subaru, That is the prob Im having finding a cheap code scanner, Did you check to see if it is compliant?

Shotgun

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It said it works with all OBD II vehicles post 1996, Im still "on the fence" with this thing. I wish it was sold at a local store so I could return it easier if needed. I can only find them on Ebay.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I splurged and bought the Actron ODB II autoscanner. It wasnt cheap but it works really well and can be used on any car post 1994 without any adapters for different makes and models. What I like best is that this unit provides exact descriptions for the codes instantly. Even the one they use at autzone requires writing down the code and searching for it.
My ECU had two codes stored (forgot the #'s) catalyst system efficiency below threshold, bank one (assume its the uppipe obviously since there's no cat in there anymore :D ) and evaporative emmission system leak detected, fuel cap loose/off. This was all displayed on the scanner.
Well its good for piece of mind and to get rid of that damn blaring CEL light without having to reset the ECU and wasting gas. :D

Here's a pic of my new toy. I paid $150 (ouch) but can be had on ebay for less.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Jrod,
Will it work for other cars too?, GM, Chrys.,etc?

Hell, Its worth it just to keep from runnin everywhere or goin to the dam dealers..:)

Thanks

Shotgun

Edit: Duh, I overlooked "it works on every car post 196":eek:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the tip, JRod. I bought one today from AutoZone, pulled the two cat inefficiency codes (2?) and cleared them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts