ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently was in the local pep boys looking through some I'd CRCs products and came across throttle nosy cleaner. I flipped the can around and read the label top to bottom only to read that it is not safe to use on cars equipped with turbochargers or superchargers, has anyone used this before and would anyone care to clarify as to why it's not safe?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I'd imagine that means its not safe for use ON the turbo or supercharger.. for the tb it should be just fine. Considering I've seen people use brake cleaner (really not adviseable) and not have any issues.. the tb cleaner cant be much more potent than trusty old carb cleaner might be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was dumbfounded when I read the label is said not to use it on cars with forced induction and didn't make sense. I just wanted some reassurance before I wet ahead and used it on my car. And if anything is imagine brake clean is harsher than TB cleaner Lol

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Some people spray it into the air box instead into the throttle body itself, that's probably why they have the warning. You dont want that going through the turbo but to clean the throttle body, it's perfectly safe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you. I bring this up because I recently took my IACV off to clean it and couldn't believe how much oil blow by and buildup of anything else in the TB and IACV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts