ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the front bumper got smashed (car swung sideways - front bumper hit high curb). I've got an appointment wih my Subie dealer in the morning to get an estimate, but I'm also thinking about with going aftermarket. I haven't seen on done much research on what's available (in reagrds to aftermarket bumpers) for the 2005 sti.

Any idea on the replacement cost (minus labor) for the OEM bumper?
Any suggestions on aftermarket ("direct fit") bumpers?
-links, pics, etc

I'm pretty bummed out (obviously) and info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, there are a couple of full bumpers out there but i can't think of any links, on a stock front bumper i'm guessing anywhere around 300+ labor or so
derek

·
Registered
426 Posts
The OEM bumper cover, if bought from subaru, costs $249, unpainted. The under cover for the engine, once again from subaru costs $81.

I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere though. Not sure about the other pieces such as bolts, fasteners, etc. Also, can't tell from the pic if the damage is just cosmetic, so you might be needing a new bumper beam also. If you ask me anywhere from $330 - $500, excluding paint and labor.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I agree it would look like a lip would cover up the damage. It would be a lot more cost effective to go that route, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts