ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I have a STI with around 375 HP and my car has about 15k miles on it and it's slipping like crazy ai need a new clutch.. I am looking into clutch master , act or exedy.. actyually I need a disc... but the labour is crazy!! 4=5 hours!! anyways anyone replace there clutch?? what is a good disc?

·
Registered
956 Posts
1 vote ACT and not because there local. I have one in my vw golf. there nice.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$$

how much will it run me?? $$$$$
I think I just need a disc?? is that the same thing.. ? LOL.. sorry abit confused now

·
Registered
956 Posts
no dont do just the disk. do the entire thing. it's a kit. might consider a fly wheel as well. phone # 661-940-7555 or do a search for advaced clutch technology. they have a few different versions. I talked with them as I might need one before long. they say once you get the trans off it's ez. the only thing is a dealer part that can get damaged. I have yet to price that. trans is the pain in the A$$ according to everything I have read. it offers 32% more clamping power then stock atleast on wrx-non sti. but there are a few others as well. do not suggest a puck clutch. you would like it. it will chater. the other one you mentioned is 2 clutch setup that I understand it good but not heard a lot about them just yet.

here is a link to act
http://www.advancedclutch.com/

if they ask who sent you tell them the vw guy who won that one at dubwars last year. they will know.

·
Registered
956 Posts
one more thing. they told me the wrx lightest flywheel requires a program to the computer as it's so light the computer thinks the engine is knocking.

·
Banned
566 Posts
I am looking into a spec stage 3 for mine I kicked out 391 awhp and 412 ft lbs of tq

1 - 7 of 7 Posts