drive like this for about 5 -10 minutes and then just sputter and
die. I cant restart the car for at least a half hour. during this
time the car will turn over but it sounds and feels like it is
getting no fuel. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the
car on.

The fuel filter is only 13K miles old and still flows like a new
one. I can hear the fuel pump turn on right before I start the
car. If I crank the car during the time it wont start I dont smell
fuel like I would expect to if I was flooding it.

All I did before this happened was do a hard pull in 1st and 2nd. I
shifted into 3rd and around 5500 rpms it felt like I had hit fuel
cut. Max boost was 1.15 bar during the whole run.

Last change to the car was a stage 2 ecutek reflash about 2 weeks
ago.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would happen?

·
Registered
79 Posts
have your coils tested, sounds to me thats your problem!!!!! if you did some spark plug replacement it might loose on the connections if your lucky! the coils on the rex are easly damaged if your not careful !!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill check it out. I replaced the plugs about 10K miles ago.

Just pulled the plug for the #4 cylinder and it looks as it should. Doesn't smell like fuel either.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I dont have the tools to do a good test of the coils. I know they work initially since I can start the car and drive around for a bit.

I did some research and it looked lke te problem could be related the FPR. I had my AVCR boost sensor tapped in the FPR line. I relocated it and used the stock boost gauge tap.

Now it seems to only hesitate when I get on the boost. Any positive manifold pressure causes it to stutter and pretty much freak out. I dont know if this had anything to do with what I did since the car has been sitting in the garage over night.

Is it possible that it is in limp mode but since the ECU has been reflashed its having trouble dealing with it? I still dont get any CELs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
if your useing the stock boost control system then it might be a bad boost selinoid ,sorry for my spelling. borrow someones selinoid and see if that solves your problem.if you cant get one hook up a manuel boost controller and make sure you disconnect the factory system. if it runs with no problem then just buy a new selinoid.goodluck i did not notice that your useing a after market electronic boost controller have that selinoid motor checked out thay do crap out .happend to me in my old turbo car.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't checked the fuel pressure yet. Probably will do that tomorrow when I get the compression checked. Hard to find anything open on the 4th of July :) I will so be swapping ECUs tomorrow to see if that was the problem. The ECU Im swapping in has the Cobb stage 2 reflash and comes with the accessport so we can see the codes if it throws any.

I have checked to see if it was the AVCR doing it. Ive run it on all 3 of its settings including off. No change in behaviour.

I just pulled all the spark plugs out and had a look at them. They are perfect. Not fouled or anything.

Thanks for the suggestions.
- Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts