1,536 Posts
Mad WRX said:
Well it happened :mad:

Anyone know the cost to replace it?
200 installed at Elway West.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Damn, I got one too thanks to some Hawaiians' damn white EVO kicking rocks all up on me!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Mad WRX said:
Not bad I guess. Did you check any other glass places? Like the ones that give you 50 free dinners :p
Nah... just happened to notice the last time I was there showing my sales guy what I had done to the car. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try these guys out. I was quoted $180 for glass replacement.
http://www.safelite.com/

Mention you are insured by ANPAC(American National) for auto and you get a discount. I don't think they'll ask for proof ;)

Make sure you stress to them thet you have a sedan or wagon. I had someone local do my replacement on my wagon and ended up with a total of 3 different windshields put in my car because they were idiots. First I got a 93 impreza windshield because they didn't speak good English and did not understand me. Then they got the year right and brought a sedan windshield and found out it was too short after installing it. Then they got it right and put in my wagon windshield.

Got the whole thing done for $140 because I b!tched so much. Not worth the troubles though.

-Jason

·
Registered
393 Posts
Damn, I got one too thanks to some Hawaiians' damn white EVO kicking rocks all up on me!!
Brad:

If you would have driven a bit faster, maybe I could have gotten out of 3rd gear going up to George Town. I didn't ever what to hit fourth and end up losing you. I can't imagine what would have happened if I really started cruz'n in fifth.

Todd
;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Damn, them sounds like fightin words oh ye of little faith...

Wow, I am on a smack talking rampage tonight...calling out the wagons some of the evos, my tuner, what am I thinking?! Oh what the heck, Terry Tate and I are bringing the pain train whoo whoo

·
Registered
365 Posts
Don't you people have car insurance? I paid $100 comp deductible for a new windshield, no your insurance does not go up either. I got a new windshield 6 weeks ago, already pitted out with a nice pea sized crater in the middle.

If you have a choice, Elite auto glass is the best. My mom works for State Farm, she deals with this crud every day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bound to happen. Did you hear about the guy over in the Impreza General Discussion board that is selling his WRX because he's had to replace the windshield too many times??? Well, at least that was the initial thought in the thread. Seems to me this guy needs to get out more. Or less. Or something.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51871 :( :( :(

Oh, and I'm upgrading to a Carbon Fiber WINDSHIELD! Yeah, that'll take care of it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Anch0r said:
Try these guys out. I was quoted $180 for glass replacement.
http://www.safelite.com/

Make sure you stress to them thet you have a sedan or wagon. I had someone local do my replacement on my wagon and ended up with a total of 3 different windshields put in my car because they were idiots. First I got a 93 impreza windshield because they didn't speak good English and did not understand me. Then they got the year right and brought a sedan windshield and found out it was too short after installing it.
NOOOOOOO!!!
Safelite sucks ass! State Farm recommends them, but they don't use OEM glass, probably because they are cheap ass. They put in some cheapo purply tinted glass in my old CRX si which cracked in less than a week. Well, I used Elite the 2nd time around because they use OEM glass, and it lasted 5 years or so until I traded it in for my WRX.

If your insurance has "full glass coverage", they will cover the replacement windshield with no deductible. I had $500 comprehensive deductible, but when I called my agent, she told me I had "full glass coverage" so the winshield replacement would not cost me a cent.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My mom has had the windshield on the Intrepid replaced twice in the last three years. I've done mine on the WRX already, and I'll probably do it again in about a year. The problem has nothing to do with "Subaru Glass" I believe. 1) Our cars are low to the ground 2) Many of us may not be driving 200' back from the next car 3) Colorado roads get the bejeezus sanded out of them.

I think #3 is the biggest factor myself. Call me crazy....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had to have my wife's Passport windshield replaced last fall. My Evergreen State Farm office recommended Evergreen Autoglass. This guy does great work! When they cut away the sealer from the body the paint usually gets scratched. Kevin touches up the scratches with primer. Not going to find many others that take this much care. He also knows glass and orders from the better manufacturers. So, it's going to cost a liitle more than the cheapest places, but you get what you pay for.

Leo

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
Keystah, no, the insurance doesn't go up... but if you have a $100 deductable, your insurance is already pretty high. Same for you, Roger.... I don't even want to guess how much you're paying for full glass. I remember that I'd have to replace my windshield 2-3 times a year to justify the cost of the "full glass."

I went to elite, they were fine. Then I got a thing in the mail from Elway West to do it for $200 later that week. I was a little annoyed, but oh well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Will Mike Shaw replace a windshield? I know we get a ridiculously good deal on OEM parts (if you run their sticker)... does that include windshields? hmmm for that matter I wonder if we get 20% off of OEM sideskirts? :confused:
Todd, do you know?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts