ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was leaving a friends house i crossed through a dirt/ rocky area which i have crossed multiple times in my wrx, slowly for that matter, however this time my front bumper bottomed out for whatever reason. the result of this is a 6 or 7 inch crack on the bottom of my front bumper near the right fog light. i am a perfectionist and this is a five month old car; this must be fixed somehow. my questions are, one, does anyone have a ballpark estimate of what a new front bumper may cost? and two, does anyone know any good remedies for this situation, as in ways to seal the crack and make it at least a little less noticable??
please help me out!!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Go to schucks/napaa or any auto parts store and get bumper weld.. Comes in small amounts and large amounts.. Go for the small amount cuz alot goes a long way..
Any who.. This stuff takes 24 hours to be completely solid.. But it works like a charm

on a side note, it works wonders on my snowboard a well for the top layers when they get chipped and broken =P

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have one that's gloss black and one that's clear.. And its paintable (ible?)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I can't actually see that link because I'm at work on my cell phone haha but it sounds right.. Its two liquids that mix together and harden to form the adhesive.. And that stuff is STRONG lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
I used the black because that spot gets dirty anyways.. I used that in the cracks and then I duct taped it all together and clamped it down.. I put extra on it so I could sand it down flat.. And you can't even tell any difference at all.. I did slightly patch a spot on the very front with one of those paint pens the dealerships sell for like $15..

But take your time and it will look VERY close to nothing ever happened

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm replacing all of mine when I do my struts =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts