ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is it safe to put E85 in our subbies? A friend told its like 100-105 octane and reasonably cheap. He told me to ask the experts(you guys) to see if Whit3 lightning (my car) can handle it.

2. Whats the top end limit on the 06 STi? I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic and she looked like she had so much more to go. If the limiter is infact set to 145 or whatever, does using my accessport (datalogger +real-time tuning) by Cobb Tuning bypass it? Or does it only override on certain profiles?

thanks!:baaa:

·
Registered
0 Posts
dont drive that fast

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
1. Do *NOT* use E85 in a turbo car
2. The WRX is drag limited to 150mph, the STI is the same shape so it should be the same limit.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i just looked up the datalogger, it indeed does take off the limiter. any one maxed out without it lol? and don't worry im NOT going to try it... well unless its a controlled environment, i just want to know my car better. :D

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
be1ieve1111 said:
I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic
be1ieve1111 said:
and don't worry im NOT going to try it... well unless its a controlled environment
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
the drag limit on a wrx is not 150mph..... not even close.. i have friends that in their wrx he has the log from it too.. 168mph... no.. its not legal to go that fast, but he did it in a stage 2 04 wrx

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Again driving that fast (except on a closed course) will either land you in jail or the morgue, but to answer your question:

The Cobb AP raises the top speed limiter to 186MPH. No I do not know anyone who has gone that fast please dont try unless you are in the correct environment to do so. Super Speedway, airport runway and the like.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,210 Posts
the drag limit on a wrx is not 150mph..... not even close.. i have friends that in their wrx he has the log from it too.. 168mph... no.. its not legal to go that fast, but he did it in a stage 2 04 wrx

This statement essentially proves the opposite of what you are attempting to state: that the drag limit on a WRX is around 150 mph.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1. Is it safe to put E85 in our subbies? A friend told its like 100-105 octane and reasonably cheap. He told me to ask the experts(you guys) to see if Whit3 lightning (my car) can handle it.
Our cars have to be adapted to use pure E85. There are people here that know the details, but I don't think you should try to run it in an unaltered WRX/STI.

2. Whats the top end limit on the 06 STi? I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic and she looked like she had so much more to go. If the limiter is infact set to 145 or whatever, does using my accessport (datalogger +real-time tuning) by Cobb Tuning bypass it? Or does it only override on certain profiles?
You're foolish to go this fast on public roads. Please have some consideration for those that share the road with you; if you lose control, or fail to see something in the road in time at that speed, you're very likely to be responsible for the death of another motorist. You really don't want to have to live with knowing that your lack of sense resulted in someone's father/mother/son/daughter being killed or seriously hurt.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You're foolish to go this fast on public roads. Please have some consideration for those that share the road with you; if you lose control, or fail to see something in the road in time at that speed, you're very likely to be responsible for the death of another motorist. You really don't want to have to live with knowing that your lack of sense resulted in someone's father/mother/son/daughter being killed or seriously hurt.
+1 its so true

·
Registered
448 Posts
you sound like another turd kid that talks game online but acutally drives his dadscars and flies 200 feet off the end of private runway and splatters his freinds brains all over the upper branches of walnut tree... you shouldn't even care what the top speed is casue you should never see it unless you are a race car driver. and if you had to "slow down for traffic" you were being very irresponsible and if you cause an accident that anyone i know is in... you will recieve 76 unlubercated pineapples into your rectum.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134289760

·
Registered
27 Posts
if i knew anyone who ever drove 150+ mph on public roads i'd slash their tires

watch that M5 youtube and tell somebody who cares about you how fast you've driven your subie, i'm sure they'll be impressed

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Let's not get carried away here gang...

Closing this as it does not appear to be heading in a productive direction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.