ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Hey, just doing some research on WRX now and noticing the stock fuel system is a lot better then I thought so if I was to get a boost controller whats a safe psi to run at the track? id probably leave it at 12psi daily driven unless someone wants to race. i was thinking 15 psi is safe.
2) Is it nesicery to upgrade to FMIC or is upgrading the stock TMIC enough for the $ cause FMIC are expesnive?
3)How are stock tranny's? I dont plan on dumping the clutch cause Id rather slip it so I dont bog and mess up the tranny.
Just trying to learn to basics before I get my car. Plan on small mods to start off like exhaust,downpipe, intake, BOV, boost controller and gauges since I gotta pay off this car also and Im only 19 and currently washing cars. Just trying to get car into mid to low 13's and faster then my Eclipse which hopefuly will be sold soon. Thanks
-Dave

·
Moderating on the run!
12,481 Posts
1. Stock boost is ~13.9, 15.0 should be plenty safe, just stick w/ your plan to include a boost gauge w/ whatever boost mod you go with.

2. Stock intercooler is pretty efficient, look at new hoses (Samco) as a low cost option to increase cooling. A new intercooler is probably not needed until approaching 275 hp IMHO.

3. Stock trannys seem to be holding up fine. Your right on the money w/ the no dump clutch plan. Don't forget the uppipe in your exhaust plans, ~$200 nets 10-15hp, lower egts and a quicker spool up.

Big Sky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts