ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i just got my 04 wrx and am going to do the intake silencer and two turns on my wastegate tomorow. Also i am giong to get a greddy type s BOV as my first mod. Also is there a performance gain if i put a sti TMIC on my wrx? will i gain performance? is it worth it? anyone do this? so how do these 4 things sound as of right now?

·
Registered
465 Posts
The intake silencer and wastegate mods are a good start. I would wait to get a bov until you have done some other mods. You don't want an intercooler until you have a new turbo. Do a search and you will find out some good stuff for first mods. I would go with an up and downpipe. You will get some nice power gains with those mods.

·
Registered
956 Posts
search as you have much to read. I still have much to read.

·
Registered
294 Posts
hmmm... what is this thing about turning the wastegate 2 times

btw this is my first post, been on here for a while though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I would definitely say don't do a bov, my buddy did a Greddy Type S and left it atmospheric and the car wouldn't hold and idle and if you run it recirculating you won't really hear it.

For that ~$200 get your self an up pipe and mbc, car will feel much more responsive. There is a nice list of mods around $200 that gain 10-15hp here and there, heres a few quickies:

Perrin Inlet Pipe
Up Pipe
Intercooler Hoses
Crank Pulley (please search about this though, the debate is ongoing)
Boost Controller
DIY Intercooler Sprayer

Edit: someone was/is selling a helix dp for $240, so add some down pipes to the list.

·
Registered
294 Posts
yea about 5 seconds after the post i used search.... its so helpful :wiggles:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info guys...ur a big help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts