ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use the Kirkland brand oil in their WRX? Just curious, as Costco has 10 quarts for $30.

·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
As long as it meets the proper certification it should be ok. There are some oils that exceed the certifications that may give you some small benefits but in large it's preference.

I would check Bob's the oil guy and see what they have to say.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,995 Posts
It is provided by Warren Dist. and they are certainly capable of competently blending to spec. They also provide Amazon Basics and Walmart labeled-oils too I think.

In any case, if it explicitly meets the specification called for by the owner's manual it is by definition OK to use.

I buy solely on spec and price at this point, having lost interest in tribology with the realisation that I've never experienced an oil-related failure and my youngest car has 300k km on the engine at this point. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a bad ACEA or API oil.

I should check my local prices for the Kirkland stuff.

·
28,995 Posts
That’s a great price! Wow! That’s unbeatable.

OK thanks I’ll have a look when I go to Costco.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@electricmarquis nice! Did you buy it at the store or order it online? I heard it was more expensive online, which is how I ordered it because the line has been wrapped around the Costco I go to every time I pull up lol

·
28,995 Posts
It's ~$26 USD listed online in my area (SoCal). IDK if they charge shipping or not though. If you go in person you can also get their pizza and in some location, decent cheeses too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts