Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says, I'm just curious if anyone has any idea exactly how many of the parts would just swap right in? And if there's any precedence for this?

Let's see, engine, tranny, brakes, interior, suspension, braces?

I tried doing a search.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you are going to just swap in all STi parts, you might as well buy an STi and save yourself a lot of time and money. if you want the STi motor to support serious power, then it may be a very good idea, but it wont be cheap.
if you are serious about this, i know someone who can help you source the parts. he has a motor right now and has the contacts to get you everything else. PM me...
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh,

Thanks. It's just something I'm kinda toying with. Say you buy both cars and simply swap all of the major parts that make the Sti what it is, then you could turn around and sell the Sedan as just a normal WRX but you'd have this Sti wagon.

It may be impractical but adding the parts to get the same level of spec would seem just as impractical if not more so since, the parts you replace don't tend to sell that well on the open market as used goods. I think a used 04 sedan could still command close to 20K. You'd only really be out the cost of labor to swap all the parts.

Thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go HERE . I have stated this in that forum, but I will reiterate. The USDM or JDM STi motor and tranny will bolt in and work in a USDM WRX wiring harness EXCEPT you have to wire it for the AVCS (and the drive-by-wire throttle in the USDM STi). The interior will work with the exception of the back seats... the wagon has different seats (fold-down style). I am doing a complete v7 STi wagon using a 2003 TS wagon. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
whew thats a lot of labor. and if you are selling it legitimately, you'd probably mention that the entire car has been taken out and moved from one body to another. i dont think you'll get nearly as much for your "WRX" as you think if you dont hide what has been done to it.
i dunno, sounds like a cool idea, but i agree that its impractical. if you have that much money to throw around then i'd just try to get my hands on the parts and go from there.
another idea would be to source the JDM 2.0L engine and supporting parts...
o-|-<) bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts