Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so am having an issue with my cooling of my 04 blob eye, when it at a stop or just sitting doesn’t move past 185-189 but when am driving goes up about 227 and higher? Can’t find out why
just instal

Mods: Mishimoto rad, mishimoto thermostat, mishimoto cooling hoses, new heater core, mishimoto upper over flow container, cylinder 4 cooling mod

other mods : 1000 cc injectors, tgv delete,EL headers with invida exhaust and greedy down pipe, sti turbo with sti manifold, mishimoto vacuum lines, stage 2 clutch, 05 wrx motor rebuilt done about 10k miles ago

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,969 Posts
Usually when temps increase only as the car is moving, there is an obstruction through the system.

If you have an IR thermometer, warm up the car and take temp readings at the top and bottom of the rad, in the core in the middle, and at the thermostat housing.

Since your car is modified also check your timing but I doubt that's it.

Important: When you installed the cooling stuff you listed, did you burp the system?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually when temps increase only as the car is moving, there is an obstruction through the system.

If you have an IR thermometer, warm up the car and take temp readings at the top and bottom of the rad, in the core in the middle, and at the thermostat housing.

Since your car is modified also check your timing but I doubt that's it.

Important: When you installed the cooling stuff you listed, did you burp the system?
I don’t have a IR thermometer, and yes I’ve bled the system ran it for a bit brought it back and bled it again but temp keep rising while moving like they will go all the way to 225 but while at a light it’ll drop down so am a bit lost on what it could be

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,969 Posts
I'd bleed the system till the cows come home and see if that helps.

Why did you change thermostats?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I
I'd bleed the system till the cows come home and see if that helps.

Why did you change thermostats?
changed the thermostat because I started with that easy change and upgraded to the mishimoto one that supposed to open at 185 I believe as well as changed the sensor because I had never changed it and helped for a while after about a week it hit 225 and as my ac line got a crack so no ac and I let it sit until I just recently changed the line plus changed the heater core just to be safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts