ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out to my car and did a little check under the hood, killing some time. I noticed that the plastic coolent resevoir behind the radiator is reading low??? hmmmm......i looked in the manual and it said that it should be between the high and low, and it is just a little above low. Why is this? My WRX has only 4000miles on it, and i havent driven it in 2 days. Thanks :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just fill it up with some 50% Antifreeze 50% Purified water solution. Might have had an ait bubble in it from the factory. I just changed my coolant and the car runs alot cooler on the temp guage. I'm not really sure what mix Subaru put in my car, but the 50/50 works great in mine

·
Registered
224 Posts
The level always drops when the car is cold. If you look when it is warm, you will notice it is higher. As long as it is above the minimum mark, it is fine. If you overfill it, when the car warms up, it will overflow.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i noticed yesterday that it goes up. I popped the hood and it was almost to the full level. So its all good, just a case of me not knowing what the hel is going on! haha Thanks :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
its been a while since the last post, but i have a similar question. If i have bubbles in the system, will they work their way out, or should i do a flush?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts