ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is one of this "are you serious?" questions, but however I'm in class and don't have my manual next to me, so heres my question. my car has 15k miles on it, and the coolant level was about a half inch under LOW. I've never heard of my parents having to add coolant to their cars? Is this something the dealership does during oil changes? Is coolant even supposed to need to be replenished? Do I need a certain type of coolant? (brake fluid, i needed a certain DOT 4 or 3, i forget which) any help would be great.
thanks

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
The bottles that are pre mixed 50/50 is what I get. Any generic store brand is fine. If you live somewhere that it never gets freezing you can use distilled water.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
you need a .pdf copy of the manual on your phone or something man

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I hear you guys, It's like I want to download and have the manual on my phone when i need it, but i get home and completely forget.

Drews and Rage thank you, I'll be driving over to Subaru later for some Super Blue! hopefully i have time to head over there before they close, if i don't have the time, I guess ill go to autozone and get some since brand isn't very important

·
Registered
24 Posts
This may be a stupid question but I thought you had to use the Subaru brand coolant? My car came with a big warning card saying that you had to use use the Subaru brand coolant. It looks like Subaru makes a pretty big deal out of it... or is that just for them to make a bit more money off of us?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts