ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched and didnt see anyone really touch upon this issue, which i think is a testament to the minor significance of the subject. maybe im just splitting hairs here, but i always used a 50/50 dH2O : coolant mixture. however, according to howstuffwroks, a 70/30 coolant : dH2O seems to employ a broader temperature range, which to me seems more desirable, especially here in MA. so how are the rest of you preparing your coolant mixtures???

50/50 v. 70/30

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I run 50/50 Subaru coolant as per the manual.

Also, I think its importent to buy a gallon of distilled water to cut it with so as to keep impurities out

Shotgun

One more note.

I HAVE seen antifreeze at the dealer that was supposdly ALREADY premixed......:confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShotgunTC88 said:
One more note.

I HAVE seen antifreeze at the dealer that was supposdly ALREADY premixed......:confused:
yeah, i just came from Autozone and saw 50/50 pre-mixed Prestone coolant. it has big letters on it saying "DO NOT ADD WATER". reminded me of soup. haha

i called the dealership, and the doood told me Subaru coolant is "nothing special" and that any green coolant (non-dexcool, or whatever it is) is fine. i also picked up 2 gallons of bottled water to dillute the coolant. i think i will run the 70/30

1 - 4 of 4 Posts