ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm home on vacation and i discover a leak. My bug started to overheat so I stopped numerous times to cool it down til I got home. Now i am at a loss. The radiator is fine so is the coolant hoses. The lines on top are not leaking. After some investigating i lifted the car up and removed the bumper and splash guards. I can not see where exactly the leak is coming from all i know is that it is in between the passenger fender and the motor. I can't see over nor under the vehicle to see where it is exactly coming from, any suggestions? once the car is warm and running it pours out. thanks in advance. Oh and if you don't know I drive a 2002 wry wagon. Im figuring that since the car has been sitting for the last 6 months maybe a hose rooted out. the only things that has been done since i got home for vacation is clutch install and oil change I've only driven it 213 miles.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
Numerous coolant lines there, sorry, you'll have to ID the source and go from there.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
My advice...fill up the coolant system then run the car. You'll be able to either see coolant leaking or see where the car starts smoking.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My old civic did this when it had a pinhole leak.
Rev the gas a little and I'll pour out even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts