Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DarkMoonLord said:
ummmmm......is that supposed to be 'cool'????
i guess i dont get it.......
DML
I just thought it was rather neat that andretti let them do that. jeez...

·
1,379 Posts
I'm with DML on this one... fun to do, not so fun to watch. Most of them just spun in circles forever. The big dualie truck with the BBQ grill in the back actually had the most interesting run- at least he changed directions every now and then....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
I'm with DML on this one... fun to do, not so fun to watch. Most of them just spun in circles forever. The big dualie truck with the BBQ grill in the back actually had the most interesting run- at least he changed directions every now and then....
I laughed at the grill! That was THE best run! :D Did you notice he had his arm resting on the window sill like he was just cruising down the insterstate? heehee, that was funny, too.

I was rather impressed with the WRX going round and round with his arm out the window. I thought it was cooler than the front wheel drive guys...

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
its kinda like a burnout vid. some are entertaining but for the most part they are just teh same thing over and over, for the first minute or 2 that was entertaining.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That WRB Rex sure showed 'em. Looked like he chewed up some tire in that one. I could never do that just because I'd be watching my money go down the drain. The 240 had a harder time breaking loose, but I'd appreciate that under normal driving.:) At least he was able to do it without sticking something under the rear tires. Jim Bob in the turbo diesel dually kicked some serious tail. That sure shows what torque can do. They just needed somebody strapped in the back trying to cook a hotdog or something during the run.:D

BTW, who's the song by? It was like controlled agression.

·
Registered
293 Posts
SrAsCaL36 said:
Here's the yellow one. I found it on that page...

*cough* rice *cough*
Is EVERYTHING rice these days? Is it rice because it has been sprayed a normal shade of yellow? The color looks better than sonic or blaze. Everybody seems to love exposed carbon fiber, and it has that. Oh, and lots of people here like body kits which this also has. He's got a FMIC, MRT no less, so i hope he's got upgraded turbo and other parts. Even stock the rex is faster than a honda with a fart can and five stickers. Stickers? Everybody with ridiculous stickers raise your hands. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.... The point is that many people on "these WRX boards" have things that are too extreme for my taste, but I don't think that qualifies for "rice". Sorry SrAsCaL36, I didn't mean to be harsh; it just came out. Nothing personal. Basically, I just disagree.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Powerwagon said:

Is EVERYTHING rice these days? Is it rice because it has been sprayed a normal shade of yellow? The color looks better than sonic or blaze. Everybody seems to love exposed carbon fiber, and it has that. Oh, and lots of people here like body kits which this also has. He's got a FMIC, MRT no less, so i hope he's got upgraded turbo and other parts. Even stock the rex is faster than a honda with a fart can and five stickers. Stickers? Everybody with ridiculous stickers raise your hands. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.... The point is that many people on "these WRX boards" have things that are too extreme for my taste, but I don't think that qualifies for "rice". Sorry SrAsCaL36, I didn't mean to be harsh; it just came out. Nothing personal. Basically, I just disagree.
i agree fully. it is a pretty car. too much show for me, but im not callin it rice. its fully done it appears, and had a lot of money put into it. Too much flash for me. i prefer sleeper look, but good job to the owner

·
Registered
293 Posts
I forgot to say that I've been waiting for somebody to paint the black part around the foglight. It looks MUCH better. Granted, I've ordered black, so it shouldn't matter for me.

·
1,379 Posts
I don't see much love for exposed CF around here, either, especially unpainted CF hoods. I personally like the STi CF wing, but, that's about it. A lot of folks don't like it, either.

I think for the most part people are just weary of the look. The whole bodykitted-import thing has been big since, like, 1995. The fad is getting old and losing steam.... so people are more likely to call something with that "tuned import" look "rice", even if it has the mods to back up the image. It's just getting old.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts