Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You work for a large financial company in Springfield Mass area?

Why are you reading forum day after day? What are you paid for?

So obvious too...We can all see...

·
2,210 Posts
Sir,

May I suggest that you approach your fellow collegue at Mass Mutual Financial directly, rather than trying to put the frighteners on him/her by posting here. This is a Subaru WRX forum intended for community discussion around that and related topics, not for policing your co-workers web-browsing.

Regards,

-Pace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure,

You are correct, but...

Either you are a detective and you figured out the company I was referring to...

Or, you used your "moderator" status to see the post I changed.

If the first applies: good work.

If the second: shame on you for referring to a post obviously deleted for a reason. IMO, this is an abuse of moderator priviliges.

Regardless of my intentions, no harm has been done to this board or its "community" and until such an event occurs, I think it is irresponsible of you to comment.

This is after all an "offtopic" board. (yes, the post was moved, an oversight on my part)

Furthermore, it is not my job to "police" my co-workers. Perhaps I was just giving a "heads up" to the guilty parties out of concern and comradery.

When one is contracted to do a specific task, it is probably not in your best interest to peruse an unrelated Internet forum during business hours. My intent was to show how obvious their behavior was by posting to the board they so frequently visit in plain view.

Thanks for your concern, but until a serious disruption, slander or foul language come into play, mind your own business. =)

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
j4c|<50n said:

Thanks for your concern, but until a serious disruption, slander or foul language come into play, mind your own business. =)
No offense, but unless you're the boss or supervisor of someone on this forum, don't you think you should mind you own business? If they're going to get in trouble for visiting the forum at work, then it's their business to get in trouble for it, not yours. If their visiting the forum is causing a disruption with you or with team work, then perhaps it would be best suited to be discussed in person rather than anonymously posting here.

·
2,210 Posts
j4c|<50n said:
Sure,

You are correct, but...

Either you are a detective and you figured out the company I was referring to...

Or, you used your "moderator" status to see the post I changed.

If the first applies: good work.

If the second: shame on you for referring to a post obviously deleted for a reason. IMO, this is an abuse of moderator priviliges.

When you post on our forums, your IP address is logged and visible to moderators. I performed a reverse lookup.

Apology accepted.

j4c|<50n said:

When one is contracted to do a specific task, it is probably not in your best interest to peruse an unrelated Internet forum during business hours. My intent was to show how obvious their behavior was by posting to the board they so frequently visit in plain view.

Web-browsing habits of your co-workers are no concern of mine. However, you trying to intimidate them by posting on forums that I manage absolutely is my business.

Take it elsewhere.

-Pace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obviously, this entire thread has been misconstrued by extraneous participants.

Attempts at "intimidation" are laughable. Actually, if you read the original reply you will see such words as "comradery" and "heads up."

Simply put, we thought this would be an interesting and clever way to relay a message to a total stranger that works among us. Not a "frightener", but more of a wake up call. I know the logic is dazzling, but allow me to pontificate:

See, we felt that you should not have to tell someone "what to do and what not to do" while they work at a contracted position. We felt incredulous that an employee in a contracted position would need to be told "dont look at car forums while you are at work, especially when everyone can see you and it is the talk of an entire department."

More of a friendly, heres the term again "heads up" than an intimidator. "If we notice, then the supervisors certainly do" type of thing, which by itself, shows caring and concern, not hostility. So, with that said...

This entire thread would be far more anonymous and non-intimidating had the "moderator" not taken it upon him/herself to get involved and "name names." Immediately you seized upon the oppurtunity to flex a little moderator muscle and show off some of those "network skills" and your astounding level of reason and maturity. Kudos, Pace, you are truly a magnificent moderator and you should be commended. Your management of the "off topic" board is truly heroic.

Thank you all for your concerns and participation, however, as far as we are concerned, this thread has grown out of its original intent and is now rather burdensome and tired. It is closed as far as we are concerned. Enjoy! =)

·
2,210 Posts
j4c|<50n said:
You work for a large financial company in Springfield Mass area?

Why are you reading forum day after day? What are you paid for?

So obvious too...We can all see...
Yup, this reads just like a friendly 'heads-up'.

Your method to communicate the message to your co-worker is very interesting and clever, indeed. We are truly in awe of your devious and cunning approach.

Now, as I have already requested; please take it elsewhere. Unless that is you have any commentary to add regarding your Subaru WRX?

-Pace (The 'Moderator')

p.s Does your employer at MASS MUTUAL FINANCIAL know that you engage in antagonistic posting on automobile forums when you should be working? Should I contact the network administrator there and have him relay this information to your supervisor?

p.p.s Attempting to rely on vocabulary that is not within your immediate grasp will not help you to appear 'smarter'. The word you are looking for is 'elaborate'. 'Pontificate' is entirely out of semantical context; I suggest you spend some time getting acquainted with a dictionary.

This thread got closed! Must have been 'the moderator' flexing his muscles. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.