ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some wheels some time this year, and have found some I like, BUT...

I have always been partial to wheels that have one set of holes drilled, but the ones I am looking at getting have two sets (5x100 and 5x114)....what do you guys thing about the looks of wheels with both sets of hole sizes?

The stock wheels are 17x8, but the ones I am looking at are only available in 17x7 or 18x7.5.....I would like to keep 17s to avoid having to deal with the speed change issues, what kind of issues will this bring with stock(235) or larger(245) width tires on a 7" wide wheel? Should I find another set that is available in 8" wide?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I was going to get grids, or te37s for my 11 because that style you just cant go wrong. I have a set of drag wheels (fn01rc) knock offs on my 2008 and they look great.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I can't stand the double drilled wheels. Something about it screams "cheap" to me. Even though there are some pricey wheels that are double drilled. And ABSOLUTELY Do not put 245's on 7" wide wheels. 235's are beyond the max too for that aspect ratio. I'd only go up to 225's on a 17x7

My personal opinion is... get the same wheels I have :D

This isn't mine.. but it's the same wheel, and size of tire (245/40/17) that I run:

Enkei RPF1. 17x8 and only 15.6 lbs... incredible wheels. Plus.. they give you that dished wheel look, without having an incorrect offset

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I always liked the NT03's, but they come off kind of ricey to me. They're pretty cool though... and in white, would look awesome on my car.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Sinister said:
Enkei RPF1. 17x8 and only 15.6 lbs... incredible wheels.
These
+
245/40/17 rubber

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RPF1, as well as most duel six spokes, remind me too much of my old '05 tC stock wheels.....they do look good on a Subie, just not me. They are real nice wheels though!

I was looking for something in either 5 spoke, 7 spoke, or duel 5 spoke in a graphite or titanium grey. The first ones I was looking at were these... Tenzo R Tracer v1:

I have looked at others, but all the ones I am liking are either way to pricey, or too thin (only available in 7"), or also have two sets of holes drilled.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I like the RP1's but they look smaller than they really are on the car. Performance wise those or some 04 STi BBS are the way to go for the money.

I think some black Rota Grids would look good on your car but they weight at least what our stock rims weigh.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I was worried that they'd look like TC wheels based off of photos... but once you see them in person... you'll sing a different tune. They look nothing like TC wheels. They have a ton of dimension

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I do not like the double drilled myself. Whatever you get, go with lightweight wheels. The RPF1s are unmatched in that respect for their price range.

What do the Tenzo R Tracers weigh?

I was worried that they'd look like TC wheels based off of photos... but once you see them in person... you'll sing a different tune. They look nothing like TC wheels. They have a ton of dimension
Agreed. You need to see them in person. They also happen to look a lot like Zonda wheels I have seen on Top Gear (UK).

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Tenzo R Tracers are not light, and are skinny....about same as stock weight, but narrow

17x7 is 19.6lbs
18x7.5 is 21.9lbs

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately, Tenzo does not make a single 17x8 wheel for NA...they do make 18x8, but I don't really want to go up a size as it would require either uber low profile tires, or speedo recalibration issues.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
The Tenzo R Tracers are not light, and are skinny....about same as stock weight, but narrow

17x7 is 19.6lbs
18x7.5 is 21.9lbs
Way too heavy. Performance will take a hit.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah....I know. It is yet another strike against them......thur awful purdy thoe

Unfortunately, Tenzo does not make a single 17x8 wheel for NA...they do make 18x8, but I don't really want to go up a size as it would require either uber low profile tires, or speedo recalibration issues. Not to mention, their wheels are on the heavy side....more show than go.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm more anti machined lip than I am anti duel drilled holes. I hate machined and chromed lips

1 - 20 of 46 Posts