ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to sell my mustang for about a month now with no luck and have begun to consider trading it in rather than being stuck in the snow. The local dealership (which my friend's dad manages), has 2 used WRX hatchbacks that are for sale. He has been telling me what great cars they are and a whole bunch of stuff to try to rope me in. Who else on here has an 08 or 09 hatchback that can vouch for them rather than some car salesman? Also, good deal or not? The 2008 has 48k miles and is about $21,000 and the 2009 has 36k miles and is about $23,000. Both are single owner cars, clean carfax, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
welcome :) IDK what your budget is.. but 23k for a used 09, when you can buy a brand new one for a few thousand more wouldnt seem very practical

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's my $0.02. If you plan on doing a lot of mods esp. like springs/shocks/sways or a bigger turbo, get the '08 and use the money you saved with the initial purchase for said mods.

If you plan on keeping the car relatively stock, grab the '09. The '09 is better than the 08 in the turbo and suspension department. The interior and exterior have minor updates over the '08.

BUT, if you can grab a left over 2011 for a few thousand more than an '09, definitely go that route. You'll have a new car with a warranty and you know that it hasn't been abused.

Later, Doug

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I've been trying to sell my mustang for about a month now with no luck and have begun to consider trading it in rather than being stuck in the snow. The local dealership (which my friend's dad manages), has 2 used WRX hatchbacks that are for sale. He has been telling me what great cars they are and a whole bunch of stuff to try to rope me in. Who else on here has an 08 or 09 hatchback that can vouch for them rather than some car salesman? Also, good deal or not? The 2008 has 48k miles and is about $21,000 and the 2009 has 36k miles and is about $23,000. Both are single owner cars, clean carfax, etc.
I know sometimes $5,000 is a lot of money, but ... For $25/26,000 you could buy a new 11/12 with some options on it, with zero miles and a full 3 year warranty and no possibility of any "returned to stock" issues from previous owners. You also add to your resale value down the road. Add it up, and the at least 2 to 3 years of additional ownership time due to a zeroed out odometer, IMHO you do much better financially buying a new one right now than those used ones. If its not in your budget, then it isn't, but if you can find a way you will be better off down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'll be saving for a bit longer. I'd much rather have a brand new one but it's still pretty far out of my range. Besides, my town has been transformed into a winter hell so I'd probably get hit by some idiot on the way to go trade in my current car. It snows here and every idiot decides they need to go drive somewhere even though they don't know how. There was a 17 and an 18 car pile up last night...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts