ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '02 Acura RSX for about 4 years now, and I'm ready for something different. I'm trying to make the jump from FWD slushbox to AWD magic machine. I've located this WRX about 90 miles from me, and want to know if you guys could give me an honest opinion on the price? (I realize I'm going to need to inspect it in person before making a decision.)

My biggest concern is the mileage. 126,000 on my Honda is nothing - but on a Subaru? and a boosted one? If all the maintenance has been kept up, would I have another 80-100,000 miles left in her?

They just lowered the price to $8,199. (which I will try and neg. a few hundred off) I know the mileage is a bit high, but it's getting harder and harder to find a clean, stock WRX these days. What do you guys think? Pics:

2002 Subaru WRX
- 126,000 miles
- stock
- clean title

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Need to post pics of the turbo and engine compartment. Exterior looks ok but it is what is under the hood that matters.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
The 105k mi service includes the timing belt; the 120k includes all fluids plus the spark plugs. Those should both be documented. The paint failed when new.

If a modern car does not make 200k miles, none of us should be buying the marque. This is the 21st century. We should no longer accept bad cars.

That said, look at the how-to-buy threads, and ask for the maintenance schedule with receipts. Go from there.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,023 Posts
If a modern car does not make 200k miles, none of us should be buying the marque. This is the 21st century. We should no longer accept bad cars.
Very true,SD.

·
Æternum
20,585 Posts
If well maintained, that Bugeye is capable of twice that mileage. There are Bugeyes hitting 250,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, guys.

I was going to take a friend to look at the car today, and gave the dealer a call to make sure they weren't closed for the holidays. The guy who answered (Indian fellow) was extremely short and a little rude. I did a little digging online and found a few reviews for the place:

So I think I'm gonna pass on this one. Thanks for the help anyways, guys. The search continues. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts