ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauging interest with this one,
So recently i have been doing a JDM EJ205 swap on my 2002 WRX Wagon, and while this was my first swap, i have noticed that the information regarding JDM engine swaps in the subaru world is rather GREY. The information is beyond scattered, Mixed and matched. Some contradict others and post negative information that just confuses the masses. So with that i said, i have been taking photos the whole way showing the differences between my USDM EJ205 and my JDM EJ205.

Im feeling like i should make a step by step WITH PICTURES, process to swapping these engines.

It was definitely not a walk in the park (because i had to figure everything out myself, first subaru, never wrenched on one, but definitely mechanically inclined)
but at the same time it also wasnt very hard with a little know how. I feel if there was a thread with a little more CLEAR info on this swap it would be done more
and more often and people would ask less and less questions regarding the swap.

As of right now when you google JDM EJ (Anything) you get a cluster**** of useless info, and here and there spread out is GOLDEN information that i believe should be gathered and put in 1 place in an organized fashion.

SO, again i am just gauging interest. Should i put out this write up?

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
Go for it, man. I feel like any info you can add to the community is worthy of being added.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gauging interest with this one,
So recently i have been doing a JDM EJ205 swap on my 2002 WRX Wagon, and while this was my first swap, i have noticed that the information regarding JDM engine swaps in the subaru world is rather GREY. The information is beyond scattered, Mixed and matched. Some contradict others and post negative information that just confuses the masses. So with that i said, i have been taking photos the whole way showing the differences between my USDM EJ205 and my JDM EJ205.

Im feeling like i should make a step by step WITH PICTURES, process to swapping these engines.

It was definitely not a walk in the park (because i had to figure everything out myself, first subaru, never wrenched on one, but definitely mechanically inclined)
but at the same time it also wasnt very hard with a little know how. I feel if there was a thread with a little more CLEAR info on this swap it would be done more
and more often and people would ask less and less questions regarding the swap.

As of right now when you google JDM EJ (Anything) you get a cluster**** of useless info, and here and there spread out is GOLDEN information that i believe should be gathered and put in 1 place in an organized fashion.

SO, again i am just gauging interest. Should i put out this write up?
even if you decide you dont want to post it, id like to know exactly what it took to do that... im sure theres more people like myself, just wanting thier cars back on the road, without having to read thru negative commentary and the snotty attitudes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts