Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a state reffed for my modified exhaust and when I took it to the ref he failed it for the computer being “tampered” with which I’m guessing was from the accessport I used to run my downpipe but now I have to get my computer fixed before I go back and get it checked again. I had the accessport on what I thought was the stock mode map but I don’t think it was the right one so now I completely uninstalled my accessport off my car but they want proof that my car is fixed so if anyone who has been through this can help me out with what you did or what i can do?

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
You fix it by selling the non factory parts buying the factory ones and having Subaru flash the factory map on the car and keeping it like that.

Even if you flash the stock map it'll fail without stock emission equipment

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to Subaru and they couldn’t fix it. They said I had to buy a whole new computer.

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Either the accessport locked the ECU or it had a bad flash and corrupted it. Try a different dealer however you can bet if there is ever an issue with the engine you'll be paying out of pocket

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think since I took it to the ref with the map on it is what made it fail because when I installed the accessport and then added the downpipe my car idled higher than usual on warmup instead of 1500 rpm it was like 2k. And then I took the accessport off like unmarried it and my idle went back to normal but if that did fix it the ref wants proof that it was fixed by someone other than me

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
It will fail with the downpipe every single time. It doesn't matter what's flashed on it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s all stock right now. I put it all back to stock after I got the ticket and then took it to the ref then it failed

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Unless the ECU is corrupt you should be able to flash to it. If it's corrupt the vehicle shouldn't run.

So you've either not completed enough drive cycles to test the emissions or something else is wrong and you are not flashing the vehicle back to stock properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I unmarried the accessport and it’s not doing the high idle anymore also sounds and drives like it did when I first got it. Also I’ve driven for a couple hundred miles already since I’ve unmarried the accessport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts