ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering where people have mounted the tweaters for their aftermarket components. Right now mine are sitting on top of the dash on either side facing up. They are velcroed down and look nice. I was going to put them where the stock tweaters were, but I didn't think they'd fit. Also, I think rear seat passengers benifit more from this positioning. I'm facing them up because the high notes sounded a little too harsh and "in your face". Of course, now I have a 10-band equalizer installed in the dash, so I guess I could tune around this... would that be better? Anyone have other ideas and/or pics for location/position?

Thanks

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
They should fit.Stock location is very good, and shouldn't represent a problem from an installation, or sound, point of view. just make sure that the tweeter is sealed with foam tape of dynamat to the door, so that it does not resonate or loose sound behind the door. If it's too bright, try a 10ohm 10 watt resistor. less than $5 at Radioshack.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
10 ohm 10 watt resistor? Is it an ohm per watt? And, will that change the overall resistance of the component set?

Also, what do you mean "sealing" the tweater to the door with dynamat... do you mean dynamatting the door behind the tweeter? The lower half of each of my doors is dynamatted.

Here's a pic of how the tweater sits, by the way:

·
Registered
181 Posts
hows the sound imaging with the tweeter mounted like that? i know u can mess with it with your eq and deck to a certain extent, but having the highs bounce off the front window like that?

·
Registered
181 Posts
BYW try to get your tweeter and woofer at the kick panel, u can fab. one or go to a shop

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the kick panel? I should put the woofer and the tweater there, next to each other?

·
Registered
181 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts