Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a lot of compliments on my car and it feels pretty good. I went to a SLAYER show last night and so many of the younger crowd were giving me thumbs up. I was stopped in a line of traffic and this younger kid, probably 19 or 20 comments my car looks "Bad A$$". I just smiled and said "Thanks bro."

But you know what is the best. When little kids riding their bikes down the street on the side of your car comment about how they like the car. I was taking pics at a church today and I got out. Two kids probably about 10 years old came over and said "Wow, that car is BADDD!!!" I said "thank you." Then I took a few more pics and he went and got his whole crew of like 6 kids with bicycles to come over. One of them said " I hope when I grow up I can have a car like that." Just put a smile on my face. I remember when I was a kid giving older men compliments on their muscle cars.

Compliments RULE!!! Just appreciate them and acknowledge the person giving you the compliment with a THANK YOU.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Where I live, no one knows what it is. They just give it a blank stare, trying to figure it out. Some of the Mustang guys will stare and even point, though. At the college I work at, several of the students have complimented me, which makes up for the hometown people.

My favorite compliment was on ClubRSX.com. Someone said that those WRX's are F--king fast!!:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can totally relate about the 5-year-old kids complementing me on my car. I have had so many kids wave at me and try to "race" me on their bikes. It's nice to be noticed after driving a dorky Neon for 3 years :)

One other time I was walking out of a pharmacy with my girlfriend. Some girl (maybe all of 14) was staring at my car and said to her running buddies "this car is so hot".

I just hope that all those compliments and envy don't turn into jealousy and one day I come out and find my car missing :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I sent one of my friend's gfs a pic of my car and she writes back "You car is now my background". She apparently gets questions at work if the guy in the car is her boyfriend.

Also I notice lots of honda guys that give me the thumbs up when driving. The best is still the firebird guy who I stayed behind when he gunned it and he just nodded when I went to turn with a smile on his face.

The best is still when I pulled into this one parking garage in Baltimore near federal hill. The guy had me pull right in front and sent everyone else upstairs. Then he put cones around my car. I was parked next to a bunch of vettes, porches, and other nice cars. He sent all the others before me up a level even though there where spaces down there. I guess he gave preference to those with cool cars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had a guy at Goodyear ask me what kind of car I drove. I told him "Subaru WRX", he said, "I never heard of it". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Flyboy, I like your quote "It's all fun and games..."

On topic: yesterday a guy in a Ford ranger stuck his head out on the highway to yell "nice car".

My grandma always told me that if you stuck your head out on the highway, it would get chopped off. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was stoped at a light in front of an elementary school which was having a fire drill so all the kids are outside when one of them starts yelling runs into the street comes right next to my window and stars yelling about how much he loves the car and how hes got one with 500 summen hp in his video game. His teacher ran into the street and was screeming at him. It was a welcome change from the normal responce i get like you should have got a maxima or whats a subaru.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yeah kids seem to like the car, just yesterday I was driving down a subdivision of a friend and some kid playing catch in the street waved at me when I drove by.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure this is always a good thing.

McD's drive thru - I'm in window 1, paying up for my value meal. The "dude" (probably 16) in window 2 is staring. I just assume he's either really bored or a sociopath coming of age. I can mostly confirm that the former is true.

"Dude, is that an RS or a WRX?", he asks (and no, I'm not getting a Dell).

"WRX".

"That's sweet... I'll give you 2 grand for it. Aren't they like $18,000?"

"No. More like $25K"

"Whoa...".

Relief - my food is up and I'm out of there before I can entertain more discussion.

Other than that, the WRX is practically invisible - a good thing, I think. Wish the Westminster cops thought so - their laser works REALLY well.

SO

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was talking to one of my neighbors about my car when he chimmed in about his boss buying a mercedes sl500. I asked him if he saw it and he said no a week later he sold it and bought a WRX cause he didn't feel like he was in complete control of the car. Whats amazing is that apparently his boss prefers driving the WRX over the porche 911 he has.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Definitely get the 'blank stare' from the less car literate people out there. Even had one guy in a lane next to me going down the road rubber neckin and he swerved into the grass!

But ya, compliments a plenty.

It's amazing how many older (35+) guys that know a thing or two about the WRX (at least what one is) approach me to talk about the car. Most of them can't believe mine is making as much power as it is, but after a little convincing ;) they walk away satisfied.

Strange, but I get this alot! ... "The closest I've been to one of those is Gran Turismo!" Makes my day.

I was washing the car at a local pressure wash place and two high school kids came up and start talking about it. I tried to answer most of their questions... Especially agreeing to give them a ride :) They thoroughly enjoyed it and said it's the fastest car they've ridden in. (3 people in the car too!)

·
Registered
473 Posts
My friends love it. 2 or 3 of them are working on their wives to buy a wagon.
The only strangers that have commented on it were teenaged Jiffylube employees who pretty much spooged their pants with excitement when I brought it in. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
NYC cab driver at the pump next to me last weekend asked me if my car was custom built because he'd never seen anything like it before, even when he worked in a parking lot. He said it reminds him of those Volvo GTI's.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A guy driving a nice 2002 Camaro SS happen to mention that I was driving a nice car. I returned the favor...

A construction worker that stopped me while a semi was backing out commented on the beautiful blue and asked if it was a custom paint job.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've gotten compliments about my car but most of the time they are directed at my husband.:confused: When we are together and someone takes an interest in my car, they go to him. WTF. :rolleyes: As if a woman can't have a fun ride! They always say stuff like, "Nice ride, etc., etc.," Then when my hubby tells them it's mine, they go mute. It makes me feel awkward.:( When they talk to my hubby they have a ton of stuff to ask and say about my wrx but once he sets them straight as to my ownership, they shy away. Why is that? I still like getting compliments even though they are directed at the wrong person.
Recently, we had this kid come to our house. He was selling car mag subscriptions. My hubby signed up for two. He took the kid into the garage to fill out the paper work and the kid saw his TA. He told him it was really cool. My husband told that kid a few things about the modifications he'd done to the car. Then the kid asked him, "Since you spend alot of time on your car, what does your wife do in the meantime?" My husband told him, "For fun she drives that silver wrx out in front." The kid had this look of disbelief for a few seconds, then said, "That's cool!" Like I said, "I get compliments but never directed at me." :(

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
My friends love it. 2 or 3 of them are working on their wives to buy a wagon.
The only strangers that have commented on it were teenaged Jiffylube employees who pretty much spooged their pants with excitement when I brought it in. :)

ACK! JIFFYLUBE! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

please never have your beautiful machine pawed at by unknowledgable, disrespecting infidels!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hot Wheel

Raynger27 said:
I can totally relate about the 5-year-old kids complementing me on my car. I have had so many kids wave at me and try to "race" me on their bikes.
A friend said to me that it kinda looks like a "Hot Wheels " car. He meant this in a good way because he knows my Hot Wheel can spank his A4. But I do see a resemblance.

Clavo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts