Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows whether our WRX shifter is compatible with another previous model? any recommendation on a brand and any idea on ROBO Shifter??

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: PlatinumWRX ]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello sil

As far as i know there are 2 very popular brands the sti one and the kartboy short shifter most people buy the kartboy is shorter and cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Sil,

Check out our website. www.Rev-lab.com

We are also doing a group buy right now for the shortshifters, check the other post in the forum. If you are interested, just let me know.

Cheers!

·
1,911 Posts
I would recommend the STi shifter. I've tried cheaper shifters in the past and have always been disapointed although I have no experience with Kartboy. No, the new GDA shifter is different than previous models so you can not use any of the older model shifters.

G

·
I just put in a Kartboy short shifter (it has really nice welds and machining) and the shift bushings (stiffer than the stock bushings) this weekend. I don't know about the STi model but my experience with the Kartboy shifter is: it is much nicer (IMHO) that the stock WRX shifter (the shifts are about 40% shorter with neglible increase in shift effort). It also has a nice positive feel to it once the bushings are installed (the shifts go snick, snick, snick now...). I don't know what the STi short shifter costs but the Kartboy was $130 with bushings included. Here't the link if you would like to check it out. www.kartboy.com

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: mWRX ]

·
1,911 Posts
Overshifting? Not sure what you mean but I know of no shifter in the world that has anything to prevent you from abusing your transmission if that is your agenda. Kartboy has been talked about a lot but I have to remain skeptical until I try it myself. I think I'll play it safe and just go for the Sti unit.

G

·
The Hurst shifter in my Mustang has stop bolts to prevent overshifting and bending the shift fork inside of the transmission. Is that just a T-5 thing and not an issue with these transmissions? I have no agenda to ruin my tranny but a little cheap insurance doesn't hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts