ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know this is way far in advance, so it can probably become the "Who's going/where are we spectating/etc" thread as we get closer to the date.

My question is, what are the costs associated with going? Cost to park, cost to spectate, etc? Anyne done this before that can help out?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.coloradocogrally.com/default.aspx

September 24-26, my birthday weekend!! Yay! I couldn't ask for a better present...Well, I could, but getting Tyra Banks to personally deliver me a million dollars in an NSX, then seduce me for a week is probably out of the question.

·
Registered
652 Posts
spectating is free, or at least it was last year and was at the other event's i've been to. unlike pikes peak though, you have to spectate in specific areas due to insurance and some spectator injuries in the past. but the spots that they pick are usually really good and allow you plenty of time to get from one spot to the other. directions to the spectating area's will be posted eventually i'm sure.

from past experience, you drive your car on some dirt roads till you get there, then you park, and walk to the area.

warning though! it seems like there is always someone who goes to these events and thinks that they are petter solberg and invariably has an off or an accident. if you go, don't let it ruin your weekend and possibly someone elses by driving like a fool.

i'll be there, either crewing or co-driving....

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I've got no direct experience with Cog, but in general, a performance rally (Pro/ClubRally) is going to be a lot of fun. You'll get the best seat in the house is you volunteer to work.

Marshalling is the easiest, you'll basically be at an intersection on teh rally road and make sure no people are coming/going on the road and keep people safe that are there. You usually can take pictures and watch all the cars provided there aren't any people around that are giving you trouble.

There's other forms of volunteering that you can do, but for a first time rally person I'd reccomend marshalling over just plain spectating at the rally.

Jay

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been a codriver for the last two events, and will be again this year. Last year, thanks to a clogged fuel pump, I also got to spectate...

It's a cool event. I don't know what marshalling would be like, but I imagine it would be pretty cool. In the past , all of the stages were Saturday, so on Sunday we would go on the alpine slide (fun!) or mountain biking in the ski area (fun- you can buy a ticket for you and your bike and ride up in the gondola). They will have some Sunday stages for the prorally people this year (us clubrally peeons aren't allowed to play Sunday).

Oh, I don't know if they will do it the same this year, but if you stay at the bunkhouse lodge, most of the clubrally cars will be there Friday night getting ready, so you can hang out and see the cars and drivers (and especially the codrivers- they drive the ladies wild!).

All of you rally fans should come out- this is a prorally event this year, so all of the pro teams should be there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would like to see as many people as possible volunteer.

you get a great seat, you get to be close to the roads and cars.

spectate in area's no one else gets to.

Plus you get a free shirt usally.

I will be the first "real" rally for me behind the wheel in my impreza.

:wiggles: I get to go rally :wiggles: I get to go rally

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Anyone know how much time is required to marshall though? Do I have to show up a day before or something like that? I plan on being there for all stages but don't know if I could make it up during the week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
mike270 said:
Anyone know how much time is required to marshall though? Do I have to show up a day before or something like that? I plan on being there for all stages but don't know if I could make it up during the week.
I doubt this is the place to ask- it would depend on what you are doing, and they won't have spare time Saturday morning to do any kind of training.

http://www.coloradocogrally.com/workers.aspx

·
Registered
554 Posts
so who is all going? It is going to be fun. car camping , good thing the legacy has folding rear seat. just another reason why legacys are better than WRX sedans.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm going to be there for sure!!!

I haven't decided if I am going to marshall or just go watch. I was thinking about just driving up and back each day to save on hotel but I haven't decided yet.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts