ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what color rims is look best for 06 Grey Silver WRX in YOUR OWN opinion?
I have no idea, it's so hard to tell without actually looking at one
for now I say silver suits the best LOL since it came with stock, but how about other colors? please let me know what you guys think
thanks

sorry if this topic has been posted already

·
Registered
596 Posts
My friend has black wheels for his 05 grey silver and it looks pretty good.

I don't know how white wheels would look but i like them because they tend to stand out but maybe not a good choice with your paint job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
project_skyline said:
My friend has black wheels for his 05 grey silver and it looks pretty good.

I don't know how white wheels would look but i like them because they tend to stand out but maybe not a good choice with your paint job.
do you have a pic of your friend's car?
white wheel it might stand out too much, well really can't tell by just imaging it :sadwave:
thanks for your input

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't like black wheels. Black wheels were started because people couldn't afford wheels so they painted their stockers or whatever wheels they had black.

Now my reason is because, on a black wheel you can't see any detail. No detail what so ever. When you add wheels to your car you want the attention. If not then just stick to stock. The reason most people add wheels to their rides is the bling factor, very few add them for performance reasons, IE lighter materials, larger wheel smaller sidewall, stronger!!!

just my opinion

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not sure why i think this, but on silver wrx wagons aftermarket rims look funny.

I'd paint it another color. JBP! (or OBP)

Edit: Yellow is pretty snazzy too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
IMO, black wheels will look f0cking hott on a CGM/PSM WRX, which is why i'm going to paint the stockers black.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
IMO, silver and gold dont match, they are too different.

What color is your WRX? You say Gray Silver but that doesnt mean anything. Is it Crystal Gray Metallic or Steel Gray? They are very different.

HornyTubro has a Steel Gray 06 Wagon w/ rims that are almost a perfect match. They look great.

·
Registered
120 Posts
well imo silver and gold do go together. they r to different? most people r sayin silver and black, they are almost opposite, id call that way to different. silver and silver like that car ^^^^^ just looks plain boring to me

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
BAHPSH said:
well imo silver and gold do go together. they r to different? most people r sayin silver and black, they are almost opposite, id call that way to different. silver and silver like that car ^^^^^ just looks plain boring to me
Black rims/ polished lip match silver well b/c they are both plain colors but the rims dont detract from the color of the car.

Steel Silver/Steel Silver that match look good b/c they have a gray/gold metallic hue and it looks like he found rims that match perfectly.

Silver/Gold are so different, and dont match at all that it just looks odd. The rims draw your attention more than the Car itself. It doesnt flow in my opinion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Unless the black wheel has few and far between spokes, there's no reason to put them on. You wont be able to see them! And that's one of the points of installing wheels. It's the look factor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gunmetal owns.

But silver on black looks killer too imo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone can post Steel silver with gold, gunmetal or bronze rims?
for me, black on steel silver wrx looked too rice

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been looking at rims for my car, 06 SGM, and I am in love with the Rota Tarmac 3's in Full Royal Sport Bronze. I don't know if it's the pics they have on SubyDude or what, but that color looks like pure sex.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best color rims on WRB, nothing too flashy please, but I don't like the stock dark grey/black rims they look dirty to me.

·
Super Modulator
19,282 Posts
Best color rims on WRB, nothing too flashy please, but I don't like the stock dark grey/black rims they look dirty to me.
Consider starting your own post on the subject! You're entitled to your own thread even if it's an often discussed subject.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
GoCRAZY
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing