ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound real dumb but I am really desperate! I have a silver 02 rex and the paint from the edge of the hood to about 4 inches up has about 25 chips on it and it looks terrible. I don't have enough money to spend $400 on repainting the hood then another $200 on rock blocker. I also can't afford a CF hood either. I had an idea if I could get a piece of color matched tape about 4 inches wide and put it on the edge of the hood it would be an improvement but who sells tape like that?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I don't know if they have it for lighter colors...but I think Turtle Wax has a product that is supposed to bring out the black in paint/fill in minor chips...theres also something called the chip stick...might not work well but I guess its worth a try.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Stealththx said:
This is going to sound real dumb but I am really desperate! I have a silver 02 rex and the paint from the edge of the hood to about 4 inches up has about 25 chips on it and it looks terrible. I don't have enough money to spend $400 on repainting the hood then another $200 on rock blocker. I also can't afford a CF hood either. I had an idea if I could get a piece of color matched tape about 4 inches wide and put it on the edge of the hood it would be an improvement but who sells tape like that?
Yeah, I've got a 02 WRB WRX, the whole front is pretty chipped up. I've gotten rid of the bigger ones using the touch up paint from Subaru. I've now learned to just live with the smaller ones. I just wish the previous owner had put a 3M clear bra on it or something. :(

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Re: Color Matched Tape?

iMP|2EZiONS said:
Yeah, I've got a 02 WRB WRX, the whole front is pretty chipped up. I've gotten rid of the bigger ones using the touch up paint from Subaru. I've now learned to just live with the smaller ones. I just wish the previous owner had put a 3M clear bra on it or something. :(
I have the 3M clear bra and I wished I'd done it a lot sooner. The thing really works and everyone doesn't even know it's there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts