ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, he isnt in the WRC anymore, but the wanker insists on putting out new games every year.

I just got done reading this review and I have to admit, she looks alot better then CM04 and I just might have to get it.

R there any other rally junkies out there who JUST might get this?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
So, he isnt in the WRC anymore, but the wanker insists on putting out new games every year.

I just got done reading this review and I have to admit, she looks alot better then CM04 and I just might have to get it.

R there any other rally junkies out there who JUST might get this?
I'll probably get it! :thumbup:

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'm going to start a new one on Burnout 3. :wiggles:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try the demo. The controls are numb compared to CMR4/2. They have some serious tweaking to the physics to do before release.

However, the stages seem more realistic than the constant left, right, left, right, left, right of the previous two incarnations; they are still too damn short.

I'm on the fence with this one.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
the demo looks good, I like the service area, car feels good, i was able to controll it right away. Grafics should be better (can't really tell on the demo). And the most important thing, there is lots of cars, cool cars. I think i'd hit it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Depends on what you define "best" as. Do you mean most fun? Most realistic?

I haven't played CMR5 yet, but in terms of realism, CMR4 left a lot to be desired. Richard Burns Rally is MUCH more realistic.

But most realistic doesn't always mean most fun, and I thought RSC2 was more fun (tho more arcadish) than CMR4.

Can someone comment on the physics of CMR5? And what's different from CMR4?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I heard this was the best rally game on console to date (don't know about pc)

Anyone agree w/ this?
As I said before, depends on what you think is 'best.' I've been playing CMR2005 and if you are looking for a sim, look elsewhere. I would describe CMR2005 as arcadish, tho not as arcadish as RSC2.

From that IGN review:

Colin McRae Rally 2005 is a rally simulation, built from the ground up with a superb physics engine, and an attention to detail that's hard to match in almost any racing game. It's not an arcade game like RalliSport Challenge 2.0, meaning it's not as easy to get into, not as easy to play
WTF were they smoking? Are they on Codemasters' payroll or have they not played any other rally game? The physics are NO WHERE near realistic. They've slowed the steering input from CMR4, which made it less arcadish, but it still is. I was able to go fast soon after playing the game for the first time. Low end power is so exagerrated 1st gear is all but useless, and when trying to modulate power/brake thru a turn in higher gears, throttle/brake response doesn't seem to do a thing to the car's attitude. No left-foot braking required to go fast here. The cars have instant brakes, you can brake so unrealistically late and still make a turn.

Here are things I liked about the game:
The graphics look good, tho not as good as RSC2.
I like the cockpit view, which is much better than the RBR's implementation.
The game is still fun. Powersliding and jumping while hauling a$$ is fun regardless. :D

If you are looking for a simulator, pick up Richard Burns. If you are looking for something a bit more realistic than RSC2 try this game out.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BurgerBoy-

I disagree w/ you a bit. If you think CM2005 is arcadish, you really need to play Rallispec 2.

I would say that Colin McRae is the most realistic rally sim that we can get in the states as of right now. Sure Richard Burns might be better, but we'll never know until those bastages release it here or you get the Xbox mod and download it.

Just my two cents.

-Lt. Boom Stick

PS BTW, its a tough game.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imitryx said:
anyone up for some xbox live stage battles?
I am, only problem is the f*ckin Red Sox....they just keep winning and I keep on stayin up later and later at night!

I'm definitely down when the Sox are all said and done (after the world series that is ;) )

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
BurgerBoy-

I disagree w/ you a bit. If you think CM2005 is arcadish, you really need to play Rallispec 2.

I would say that Colin McRae is the most realistic rally sim that we can get in the states as of right now. Sure Richard Burns might be better, but we'll never know until those bastages release it here or you get the Xbox mod and download it.

Just my two cents.

-Lt. Boom Stick

PS BTW, its a tough game.
RBR is available stateside for the PC. And yes, it is super-realistic and makes CMR look and feel like an arcade game.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would just like to point out that I have been playing CM2005 nonstop for the last couple of days and its probably one of the best rally games I have ever played.

Seriuosly, its got the graphics, the controls are nice (once you get used to everything) and its so detailed that even the STi has massive amounts of understeer.

God Bless this game...really. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts