ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I own a 2016 Subaru Wrx and I am having a couple issues. First I wanted to know if its normal for the car to idle at 1800 during cold start. It will stay at 1800 but gradually go down to 700 rpm once its warmed up. Secondly I noticed on my gauge for the mpg that it continues to go down by .1 while idling. This happens during cold start and when doing a full drive cycle. I never really paid much attention but I wanted to know if this is normal. Recently Ive felt some minor shakes in my car but you can only notice during idle and its intermittent. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will post a vid below to see if I can show you a bit better.

·
Premium Member
10,944 Posts
You are using fuel and moving 0 miles. You are getting 0mpg and that factors in to your overall mileage.

Cold start high idle is normal and doesn't usually go down until the temp sensor reaches a specific temp that I don't remember.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are using fuel and moving 0 miles. You are getting 0mpg and that factors in to your overall mileage.

Cold start high idle is normal and doesn't usually go down until the temp sensor reaches a specific temp that I don't remember.
Thank you very much for clearing this up! I appreciate the super quick response!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The avg mpg is also based on the trip odometer too so the fewer miles the more idle will insta kill the average.
Got it!! Thanks again! I never really paid to much attention to this so I just wanted to make sure something wasn't off!

·
Premium Member
10,944 Posts
5mpg is shit though. I averaged over 12 a tank driving like a total bastard. Is that really representative?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5mpg is shit though. I averaged over 12 a tank driving like a total bastard. Is that really representative?
the 5mpg was just when I first turned on the car and let it warmup but usually i'll get 20mpg as long as I dont step on it haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts