ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everybody. I recently just bought a 2003 Subaru wrx wagon, and it came somewhat modded. I know most of you would disagree with my decision, but from what I know, the car is a really good car. I took it to PRE, a shop in Portland Oregon, to have it checked out, and they said they remember working on the car and installing all the aftermarket components. Anyways, it came with a Fujita cold air intake that is ran into the body of the car, and after purchasing the car I found that the intake has rubbed on the body long enough to create a slit in the tube of the intake. I'm planing on getting a friend to weld the slit closed to fix it for now, but I was just wondering what brands or specific cold air intakes you guys suggest? I know that routing your cold air intake into your body is "better", but how much better is it really? I'd like to get one that isn't routed into my body so that it is easier to clean. How much of a downgrade would that be? Should I just stick with the one I have? Is it worth having to remove my bumper every time I need to clean my filter?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
It would not be worth it to me, however the people you should be asking are PRE. They are respected and if they installed the intake, they may have tuned the car with that in mind (I don't know; ask).

If they've tuned for it, keep it. It will cost $ to tune for something else. Consider a grommet or something to avoid the rubbing, or just live with the rubbing and weld it again in a few years I suppose. Keep an eye out for water though.

I know there are other PRE customers on the forum and I am sure you will get informative answers to your questions from the shop. It's worth inquiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts