ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a brand new owner to a 2017 WRX and was wondering if I required a tune on the car after installing a cold air intake. I’m not looking directly for power or torque increases, rather just for louder or more defined turbo noises. If the tune is required, do I also need a COBB access port or something along those lines for someone to tune? Any help would be very appreciated. I’m very new to the car community and scene but I hope to be more involved soon.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
You need a tune for an intake.

You need a specific tune unique to each different intake.

Cobb AP and their ots tunes only support Cobb intakes.

Find a non oiled filter like an aem dryflow as the oil on cotton filters can mess up the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Find a non oiled filter like an aem dryflow as the oil on cotton filters can mess up the MAF sensor.
So if I were to get an AEM Cold air intake and just replace the stock one I wold need an AEM tune?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
You would need a tune for that brand of intake. Whether the maker of the intake provides a map or not, I don’t know — but you’ll need to flash a map for that part.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
So if I were to get an AEM Cold air intake and just replace the stock one I wold need an AEM tune?
As far as I'm aware for aem you will need to have a custom calibration done. They run anywhere from 50 to 500 bucks plus the accessport. Cobb intake and accessport has a free tune for it if you buy their product and i recommend that highly

·
Registered
2 Posts

I know this is somewhat off topic but I’m reading this after posting trying to diagnose my 02 impreza. I did not think about the oiled filters possibly messing up my maf sensor because I did replace that was already on it and put fresh oil on it 🤦🏻‍♂️ I also cleaned my maf sensor with mass airflow sensor spray not using my better judgement. Hopefully that’s not a no no either is it?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
I can't follow what you're asking.

There is no problem using MAF spray on a MAF.

Sorry, did I misunderstand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts