Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if I missed a thread about this but... I recently installed coilovers and am having a clicking sound when turning. It seems to be coming from the inside wheel of the turn and its just one click that happens near full lock. I've only tested it at low speeds because I don't really have access to anywhere that I can test a high speed full lock turn.

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
Is it the CV? You can check the top bolts, camber plates, spring seat. What coilovers and what setup?

Honestly if it's at or near lock I suspect CV first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it the CV? You can check the top bolts, camber plates, spring seat. What coilovers and what setup?

Honestly if it's at or near lock I suspect CV first.
They're Tein Flex Z and I currently have the stock wheels with a 5mm spacer. What do you mean CV?

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
The CV joint. The axle that runs from the transmission to hub.

Also check the spacers and make sure your wheels are not loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CV joint. The axle that runs from the transmission to hub.

Also check the spacers and make sure your wheels are not loose.
It seems as though the CV joint clicking indicates it going bad, would lowering about half an inch cause that? I'll check the spacers as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
Can it? Yes. Did it? Don't know anything about your vehicle to say.

Check all the things i listed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can it? Yes. Did it? Don't know anything about your vehicle to say.

Check all the things i listed
OK, I've buttoned up everything, check the spacers and tightness of everything, including the bolts for the coilovers and I'm still getting the sound. HOWEVER, I realized that I misdiagnosed it earlier. Its not a clicking, I'd call it more of a creaking noise and it'll happen when turning right (almost full lock) or under moderate braking. I feel fairly certain that it has to do with the spring but not sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spring seat?
I mean it looks fine, its resting evenly. One thing I did notice while the car was on the ground is it appears to be sitting a little higher on the passenger side front and rear ( about 1/4" in rear and 1/8" in front) could it be that its preloaded wrong? I had just assumed they would be good from factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts