Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting the coilovers.

I know when ordering springs bumpstops, shocks and sleeves are used from the stock setup, but if I were to order the Tein Flex, would I need to do the same. I suspect I can just take them all out and swap the coilover, without tearing apart the stock unit and piecing it all back together.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, the Tein Flex is an entry level, mild steel, heavy setup. The Tein pillow ball mounts are extremely noisy. The JIC coilovers I sell are an inverted strut design. This makes them lighter and stronger. They are 100% stainless steel construction, no rusting. The bump stops are internal. Because of the inverted strut design, the adjusters are on the bottom. This means that you don't have to take out your back seat or pop your hood to adjust them. JIC uses the highest quality pillow balls available, they make almost no noise. When installing coilovers, you don't reuse any parts from the stock strut setup. Simply remove and replace. I sell these for $1650 usually. I have one set left that I bought at a better discount than usual. I am passing the savings on at $1600. Once you purchase coilovers from me, you are not left in the cold. I can talk you through the installation and help you tune them once they are on. One of my past customers took pictures of the install for the purpose of making install docs. Once he and I are happy with them, they will be posted on my website. A first time suspension installer should be able to instal these in about 4 hours, with good instructions. Keep the questions coming, I am more than happy to help.
Kevin
www.pkZero.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the STi inverted too? I did notice how Tein said they had a "protective" coating for the steel, which IMO shouldn't be needed. Ill keep your company in mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kevin-
You're offering the JIC FLT-A2's at $1600? What about those other ones, the Magic SF-1's that are listed on the site for a few hundred less? Obviously, it's probably got less features, but what can you tell us about the difference in models?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only have one set left at that price. After that, they go back to $1650. The SF-1s don't have adjustable valving. They also adjust the ride height by using the spring perch instead of moving the shock body up or down within the strut mount. They are still made of stainless steel and include the pillow ball mounts with front camber adjustability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts