ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the alternator was going because of the whining sound under the hood it would come and go, sometimes revving the engine helped but now its almost a grinding whine, and im getting code po341. Camshaft position sensor Circuit range/ performancs.

I'm really worried that i broke something hope this is not the case.

·
Registered
135 Posts
just what i found on google seems like it could be a bad sensor

A code P0341 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Cam sensor wiring routed too close to spark plug wiring (causing interference)
Poor wiring connection at cam sensor
Poor wiring connection at PCM
Bad cam sensor
Damaged reluctor wheel

·
Registered
226 Posts
P0341

This is the procedure for diagnosing a P0340 but it is the same for your CEL

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Clean the sensor face or replace the sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I found that the timing belt is loose i dont think it skipped a tooth anywhere though. I cant get the center cover off though, because the crank pully is in the way and I cant find a way to brace the thing so I can turn the bolt. I dont have to use a flywheel tool do I? I tried putting it in gear and locking the brake but it still wants to keep turning.

Apparently its either the idler pully or the tensioner allowing the slack to throw off the cam sensor.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Definitely have that fixed before you drive anywhere. I'd also have a shop check the timing to make sure it didn't in fact skip a tooth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will definately be fixed before i drive anywhere I just cant find info on how to lock the crankshaft so I can remove the crankshaft pully in order to get ther rest of the timing cover off. I hope i dont have to access the flywheel.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,206 Posts
To remove the pulley solo one has to put the car in a high gear, chock the wheels, and pull the hand brake. Then go at it with a breaker bar if need be. The worry here though is that you said the timing belt is somehow loose, and you definitely don't want to mess with stuff enough to make it jump even if the motor is off. Get a friend to step on the brake and/or get a good air gun.

There is a tool too but I have never used or I think even seen one in real life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts