ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went to stage 2. I feel absolutely no gain what so ever. The car idles how its suppose to now but i feel no gains as far as Hp. does anyone know what the target psi for stage 2 is because the stock turbo gauge on my wrx is reading .05 at the max and the cobb is reading it at 9 psi at the max.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well im not completely sure about this but i have heard it takes time for you to feel the gains in hp, from what i understand your ecu needs time to adapt to the stage 2 flash and i think that could take a few days

·
Registered
204 Posts
^^^ Tis true.

Someone posted on here before that it took about 2 weeks for the stage II to take full affect. your ecu is like a retard, it learns a lil slow, so give it about a week and ull see.

·
Registered
204 Posts
does stage 2 increase the psi on your turbo? i thought it was suppose to. or am i wrong?

Yea...didnt you get your car tuned? or did you just do the map yourself?? i dont know about a wrx but an sti i think goes up 3-4 psi from what ive heard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cobb stage 2 map says target psi is 16.5 psi. So im assuming it brings your boost up? so i thought... my boost hasnt changed at all. the stock wrx turbo gauge still reads .05 at max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just went to stage 2. I feel absolutely no gain what so ever. The car idles how its suppose to now but i feel no gains as far as Hp. does anyone know what the target psi for stage 2 is because the stock turbo gauge on my wrx is reading .05 at the max and the cobb is reading it at 9 psi at the max.
If your only hitting 9psi after you flashed to stage 2 then you have something going on!! What were you hitting as your target boost before you went to the cobb stage 2 map?? If you are just hitting only 9psi then your ecu is not going to learn in 7psi!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i installed a turboxs tbe and uppipe and then the AP 2 days later and noticed an increase immediately, but it didn't bring the psi up to the target zone of 16.5 psi. so i talked to a tech and said an option was to install a mbc to bring it into the right psi for the stage 2. and my wrx is an 03. i did the mbc and it runs perfect. and i am sure you know, but you can't just tune to stage 2 with out the tbe

·
Registered
966 Posts
when you flash to stage 2, it reprograms the ECU to run at 16.7 PSI...you dont need a MBC...the AP sets the boost for you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya im only hitting 9 psi after successfully installing stage 2. It reads 9 psi from the live performance thing on the V2 itself and on the WRX stock LaMco turbo gauge it reads a little bit above 0.5 at the max. Could there maybe be a leak? Oh and ya before the stage 2 i was hitting exactly the same on the stock turbo gauge .05

i dont know what to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya im only hitting 9 psi after successfully installing stage 2. It reads 9 psi from the live performance thing on the V2 itself and on the WRX stock LaMco turbo gauge it reads a little bit above 0.5 at the max. Could there maybe be a leak? Oh and ya before the stage 2 i was hitting exactly the same on the stock turbo gauge .05

i dont know what to do
It could be a leak but it could also be something else!! I can't remember what the target boost is for the stock maps but I know its around 14.2psi so if you didn't hit atleast that before the stage 2 map then you know there is something mechanicaly wrong!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
9 PSI seams to be the golden number when someone has a boost leak or a restrictor pill problem. Do a search and you can probably find whats wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts